- June 2: Honda Fuel Pump Recall Includes 1.4 Million Vehicles recalls | 1 days ago
- May 24: Honda Window Regulator Lawsuit: No Class Action news | 10 days ago
- May 13: Honda Fuel Pump Class Action Lawsuit Says Pumps Fail news | 21 days ago
- May 6: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Issued For Impellers recalls | 28 days ago
- April 6: Honda Oil Dilution Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 58 days ago
Heavy Thud When Shifting Gears
1998 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 3)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1998 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, peeling paint, & subframe rust. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Peeling paint has also been a huge issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 116,300 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 43 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (19 reports)
- not sure (18 reports)
- rebuild transmission (6 reports)