- March 14: Honda Wiring Lawsuit Claims Soy Attracts Animals news | 4 days ago
- March 3: Honda CR-V and Civic High Oil Levels a Growing Trend news | 15 days ago
- February 18: Takata Bankruptcy Settlement Agreement Approved news | 28 days ago
- February 10: Honda Recalls Clarity Fuel Cell Cars, All in California recalls | 36 days ago
- January 30: Honda Malaysia Reports Takata Airbag-Related Death news | 47 days ago
1998 Honda Accord
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1998 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, peeling paint, & subframe rust. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Peeling paint has also been a huge issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.