- May 9: Honda Civic Electric Parking Brake Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 11 days ago
- April 28: Honda and Toyota Lawsuit Filed Over ZF-TRW Airbag Control Units news | 22 days ago
- April 27: Honda Timing Belt Recall Issued For Separated Teeth recalls | 23 days ago
- April 26: Recall: Honda Odyssey Minivans Shift Into PARK While Driving recalls | 24 days ago
- April 23: Investigation: 12.3 Million Vehicles For Airbag Failures investigations | 27 days ago
1998 Honda Accord
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1998 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, peeling paint, & subframe rust. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Peeling paint has also been a huge issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.