- August 31: Minivan Crash Test Ratings For 2018-2019 Models news | 21 days ago
- August 22: Honda Earth Dreams Engine Lawsuit Filed For CR-Vs and Civics news | 30 days ago
- July 25: Honda Recalls 2018 Civics to Replace Gibberish Labels recalls | 58 days ago
- July 21: Honda CR-V Seating Capacity of Five is False: Lawsuit news | 62 days ago
- July 21: Honda CR-V Vibration Lawsuit May Be Settled news | 62 days ago
Jerks In Gear
2000 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 117,200 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 27 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (15 reports)
- not sure (12 reports)