- December 22: Honda Clarity Fuel Cell Recall Ordered For 1,082 Cars recalls | 32 days ago
- December 14: Honda Recalls Pilot and Ridgeline Due To Airbag Problems recalls | 40 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 43 days ago
- December 4: Honda Recalls Civic Hatchback and Civic Type R Cars recalls | 50 days ago
- November 20: Honda Odyssey Power Sliding Door Problems Cause Recall recalls | 64 days ago
2000 Honda Accord
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.