- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 25 days ago
- June 4: Malaysia To Punish Owners Who Ignore Takata Airbag Recalls news | 46 days ago
- June 4: Honda Wiring Lawsuit Over Rodent Damage Dismissed news | 46 days ago
- June 2: Two Takata Airbags Explode in Same Crash, Driver Killed news | 48 days ago
- May 30: Isuzu Rodeo, Axiom and Honda Passport Gas Tanks Detaching investigations | 51 days ago
2001 Honda Accord
Accessories - Interior Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2001 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000. Transmission failure problems have been a huge problem for Honda Accords & other models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda eventually extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accords as settlement for a class action lawsuit, but that period is over & owners of Accords with transmission problems are out of luck.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad. Also make sure your 2001 Accord has been checked for the airbag recall: excessive pressure may cause metal fragments during airbag deployment.
2001 Honda Accord Accessories - Interior Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Dashboard Lights Gone Haywire4
- Cd Player Not Working2
- Cd Player Reads Error2
- Back Of Seat Pops Off1
- Electric Seat Adjustment Is Broken1
- Heated Seat Too Hot1
- Shifting Handle Feels Soft In Moving It1
- Speedometer Failure1
- NHTSA: Interior Lighting15
- NHTSA: Seats9
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Instrument Panel5
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical: Radio/Tape Deck/Cd Etc.3
- NHTSA: Seats: Front Assembly: Power Adjust3
- NHTSA: Seats: Front Assembly: Recliner3
- NHTSA: Communications: Horn Assembly2
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical2
- NHTSA: Child Seat: Retractor 1
- NHTSA: Seats: Mid/Rear Assembly1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.