- June 2: Honda Fuel Pump Recall Includes 1.4 Million Vehicles recalls | 1 days ago
- May 24: Honda Window Regulator Lawsuit: No Class Action news | 10 days ago
- May 13: Honda Fuel Pump Class Action Lawsuit Says Pumps Fail news | 21 days ago
- May 6: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Issued For Impellers recalls | 28 days ago
- April 6: Honda Oil Dilution Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 58 days ago
Noises In Park And Neutral But Not When In Gear
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000. Transmission failure has been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accord as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 101,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)