- November 24: Honda Oil Dilution Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 2 days ago
- November 8: Honda Destination Fee Lawsuit Filed in New Jersey news | 18 days ago
- October 23: Honda Civic Infotainment Issues Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 34 days ago
- September 29: Honda Idle Stop Lawsuit Alleges Engines Stall news | 58 days ago
- September 28: Honda Battery Drain Lawsuit Dismissed news | 59 days ago
Honda Recall AS1019XXXX: Accelerator Pedal May Bind/FMVSS 124
2006 Honda Accord
If the accelerator pedal binds, the engine may not quickly return to idle after the pedal is no longer pressed, increasing the risk of a crash.
Vehicle Speed Control — Accelerator Pedal
- Dorman Products, Inc. (Dorman) is recalling certain Accelerator Pedal Assemblies part numbers 699-114 and 825-5029-1, sold as replacement parts for 2003-2006 Acura MDX, 2004-2008 Acura TL and TSX, 2003-2007 Honda Accord, 2005-2006 Honda CR-V, 2007-2011 Honda Element, 2005-2008 Honda Pilot and 2006-2014 Honda Ridgeline vehicles. The rotating portion of the accelerator pedal assembly may bind. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 124, "Accelerator Control Systems."
- Dorman will notify owners, and qualified service facilities will replace the affected accelerator pedal assemblies, free of charge. The recall began December 9, 2019. Owners may contact Dorman customer service at 1-800-523-2492, using option 5. Dorman's number for this recall is AS1019XXXX.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.