- February 23: Honda CR-V Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 6 days ago
- February 10: Honda Battery Problems Cause Accord and CR-V Lawsuit news | 19 days ago
- January 2: Honda 5-Speed Transmission Class Action Settlement news | 58 days ago
- December 22: Honda Recalls Accord Hybrid, CR-V Hybrid and Insight Vehicles recalls | 69 days ago
- December 19: Honda Driveshaft Recall Follows 152 Warranty Claims recalls | 72 days ago
Poor Leather Quality
2008 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.
BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.
OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.
UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 42,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 64 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- Honda should replace seats at their cost (21 reports)
- not sure (20 reports)
- replace cheap leather seat covers (19 reports)
- better quality/better customer service (4 reports)
accessories - interior problem