- December 6: About 1.4 Million Takata Non-Azide Driver Inflators Recalled recalls | 2 days ago
- November 12: Honda Recalls Passports and Pilots For Missing Welds recalls | 26 days ago
- November 4: Honda CR-V Infotainment Lawsuit Says Display Screens Malfunction news | 34 days ago
- November 3: Honda CR-V Windshield Crack Leads To Lawsuit news | 35 days ago
- October 9: Recall: 2019 Honda CR-V Owner's Manual Has Wrong Info recalls | 60 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Honda Accord has several serious defects – poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.
BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.
OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.
UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 33,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace clutch and flywheel (1 reports)