- November 27: Honda Recalls Accord, CR-V, Insight and Ridgeline recalls | 3 days ago
- November 23: Honda Sunroof Shattered, Class Action Lawsuit Filed news | 7 days ago
- November 15: Acura RDX Infotainment Lawsuit Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 15 days ago
- October 10: Honda Civic AC Not Working, Alleges Car Owners news | 51 days ago
- October 6: 2022 Honda Odyssey Minivans Recalled To Check Tires recalls | 55 days ago
2009 Honda Accord
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Honda Accord has several serious defects – poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.
BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.
OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.
UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
2009 Honda Accord Drivetrain Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.