2010 Honda Accord body / paint problems: paint chipping

Paint Chipping

2010 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 2)

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Honda Accord has a solid reputation (so far), with one very significant flaw: uncomfortable seats.

Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight.

The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

7.7

1. repaint (14 reports)
2010 Honda Accord body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Accord:

2010 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Nov 062015

Accord LX

Paint peeling off from the passenger door close to the window, Started small like a quarter size, after two years growing bigger

- , VIRGINIA BEACH, VA, US

Jan 012015

Accord EX-L 3.5L

Again, After having the repairs to the chipping around the back windshield done from the chipping that was covered under warranty. The chipping is worse than ever and now the paint is starting to chip at the edges of the other windows as well.

I have reached out to Honda on many occasions and they refuse to help me.

I feel the car had a very bad paint job to begin with. I have had it to several body shops and they said the paint is very bad.

the car was 30K. I feel they should make it right.

Update from Aug 31, 2017: 7-11-17 i reached out to Honda again because the paint has now peeled off (not chipping) the roof of the car and the drivers door and even the trunk. Large areas in fact. Again they tell me to take it to the local dealership to have them take pictures and send them in. (He said it was most definitely an issue with the initial paint job) now honda is stating the Field guy named Jonathan (that's the only information they would give me) has denied the claim.

I am so frustrated about the entire situation. I really like my car. It's just embarrassing to drive it with so many places on it. I am reaching out to an attorney to try and get them to at least pay 1/2 to get it repainted.

- , Statesville, NC, USA

Sep 202012

Accord EX-L 3.5L

I purchase 2010 Honda Accord Brand New. Less than 2 years the paint started chipping off at the back at the edges where the back windshields meets the roof of the car. I took it in to Honda. They kept my car for several days. Supposedly fixing the problem.. A couple months later the paint started chipping in other places so I reached out to Honda and they sent me several places to have my car looked at and would not fix the problem.

- , Statesville, NC, USA

Apr 102015

Accord EXL 3.5L

The paint began to chip in areas that aren't hit by rocks or the sun doesn't even get to much. The edges of the roof in the rear where the back windshield meets the roof, the top edge of the front fender that's pretty much covered by the hood, etc. it's only 6 yrs old! Again Honda refuses to help.

- , Meridian, MS, USA

Apr 162016

Accord LX 2.4L

This is the second Honda I have owned that the paint began to fall off. The first car did not bother me too much because I was going to sale it (Sold it to a Honda dealer and they did not see it). The Accord I bought was supposed to be Honda certified. The dealership told me that it was not under warranty. I bought the extended bumper to bumper warranty when I bought the car and they told me it covered everything except brakes, tires, oil changes etc. I have a twenty year old Ford that still looks like new when it gets washed. Honda makes great motors but I don't want to look like Fred Sanford when I still owe a year on the loan. Just so people know, I keep the car garaged and only wash it with high quality products.

- , Monroe, NC, USA

Aug 152015

Accord Coupe V6

I drove to dealer in McKinney, TX where car was purchased to let them see for themselves the amount of paint that had chipped/flaked off the top of the car. He told me he would call "Honda" to see if there was any type of provision whereby they would possibly participate in "sharing" the cost to re-paint the top of the car. Even if they acknowledge a defective factory paint job, which is the cause of the problem, and agree to pay 100% of the cost to re-paint the top of my car, which I know they are not going to do. What will I do in a couple of months when the paint again flakes off the car in a different place on the car??? I can pre-determine, by how "Honda" has handled previous paint defect claims in prior years, that this is not going to have a good outcome for me, as an American consumer.

The ball is in there court now, so depending on how they handle this claim will determine how I react now, and In the future as to purchasing another automobile with a "Honda" label on it, will never occur So if they want more bad press on the quality control for "Honda Automobile Company USA, Inc.", I shall gladly tell everyone "Honda" won't stand behind the factory paint on their vehicles.

- , Tyler, TX, USA

Apr 082014

Accord ES V6

Dealer said it was normal. Canned response. I don't drive on gravel roads and live in south Florida where roads are in good condition.

- , Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Aug 012015

Accord LX 3.2L

click to see larger images

paint chipping paint chipping paint chipping paint chipping paint chipping paint chipping

Noticed the paint start to chip only 2 months ago... it has gotten progressively worse to the point where I cannot stand it. Called Honda and they said that as of right now they have only extended the warranty on the Civics not the Accords... They also advised me to take the vehicle into the local dealership so they can take pictures and send them to the manufacture. We will see

- , Bakersfield, CA, USA

Dec 072013

Accord EXL V6

paint chipping

Paint is cracking and bubbling away from the primer. For such a nice car, it's starting to look rather shoddy.

- , Wadsworth, OH, US

Mar 012014

Accord LX V6

My 2010 Accord’s paint is peeling around the rear window. Based on the research I performed on line, it is very apparent that this is related to defective primer and / or paint – see below sites:

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Accord/2010/body_paint/paint_chipping.shtml http://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/CR-V/2010/body_paint/paint_peeling.shtml http://www.edmunds.com/honda/accord/2011/consumer-reviews/review-1788089990/ http://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/2185-honda-defective-paint-class-action-lawsuit/

My wife and I have purchased 5 Honda vehicles over the past several years and have been big supporters of Honda whenever anyone has asked our opinion.

Honda is refusing to do the right thing and pay 100% of the expense to repaint the areas which are peeling. As it was explained to me, I will have to pay $1,289.95 out of pocket to fix Honda’s paint issue. If Honda does not pay the entire cost to repair thier defective paint, this will be the last Honda I ever purchase.

- , Tinton Falls, NJ, USA

Feb 102015

Accord EX 4 cyl

I first noticed this pencil eraser sized orange colored spot on the driver side fender, which I tried to wash then realized that it was RUST...upon examining the rest of the car I noticed another two smaller rusty spots on the hood and several other spots where the paint is just chipped off.

I have NEVER had a paint issue like this and now I'm afraid that the car is going to rot away one spot at a time. I got the paint from Honda and I tried to fix the rusty spots and dab some on the other chips but this should not be happening. It seems to me that the entire front end needs to be repainted. I should mention that I bought this car as a certified pre-owned from a Honda dealership..

- , Bloomfield, NJ, USA

Jan 012015

Accord LX 2L

This is the second time this has happened with my Honda Accord. First time was in 1993. Honda B/S'ed their way out of that one. Now the same thing on my 2010 Honda Accord. Bought all the extra protection plus the clear coating, etc. We know that's a joke. Will go to Honda and see what they say. Stand by for an update.

- , Mesa, AZ, USA

Jan 042015

Accord LC V4

paint chipping paint chipping

2010 Honda Accord Coupe with under 65,000 and the paint is peeling off the entire back panel. All around my window there are paint chips, some of which flaked off huge pieces of paint. I have a 6 year 160,000 km Honda Canada plus warranty, but luckily for them paint isn't covered.

They have offered to pay half of the repair which was estimated between $2,400 and $3,400. WHY should I have to pay for any of the repair? The vehicle is under 5 years old, it's terrible service and disappointing to say the least. I regret buying from Honda and when I go to purchase a new SUV I will no longer keep Honda Canada in mind. Terrible customer service if you ask me.

Sorry for our mistake, mam, but you have to pay $1200-2000 from your own pocket.

- , Hinton, Alberta, canada

Jul 242014

Accord EX-L 3.2L

Bought 2010 Honda Accord begining of July 2014. LOVE the vehicle..... despite the fact that I paid approxamatly $2500 over MSRP. I took it in the butt on the price because it was in "Pristine" condition, and was a "CERTIFIED USED HONDA" ( did by from a HONDA DEALER) and with a clean car-fax- I felt that 29,000 miles on a four year old car was worth the investment.

Took it to the car wash for the first time a couple weeks after purchase and noticed paint chips on the hood, and side pannels that i did not notice when "inspecting the car" prior to purchase. I also noticed little orange speckles all over the hood and quarter pannels. That got us looking closer and with more scruteny. I also noticed a significant "rusty" colored spot on the frame inside the driver side door. With a modest amount of rubbing, we were able to get the orange spots off -

I wash and wax my cars regularly, atleast every two weeks. Yesterday, I washed it for the fourth time. A 4x2" spot of pait just "BLEW OFF" the bumper!!! So, I got to looking at it.... The clear coat is literally stripping itself off in atleast 3 different spots on the bumper!! Besides that.... Paint is chipping off the car EVERYWHERE!! EVEN THE TOUCH-UP PAINT that they used to concile minor dings. I DO NOT drive this beautiful car on gravel roads.... I am dumbfounded. I own a Jeep Grand Cheorokee and drive on gravel, off-road, haul a trailer regularly and have NO problems like this with my 11 year old Jeep - but my 4 year old Accord that I have owned for less than 60 days is rotting before my eyes!!!!!!!!!!

I am pissed!!! My first payment is due in 2 days!!!!! The dealership sold me this car as a "CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED" I checked the "checklist" and its says my car "MEETS HONDA STANDARDS". So I looked up what thier "PRE-OWNED CERTIFIED" standards are, and it mentioned that it was FREE of inherant paint chips, rusting, peeling, ect,,ect.

I also looked up Kelly Blue book, and researched priceing values... and what determines EXELLENT, GOOD, Fair ect.. condition.

Basically....... This dealership sold me a "Touched up" car with problems at an "EXELLENT" condition price, when in reality it was "GOOD" condition at best. They sold my car under false pretenses. I have spent the last 2 days researching the problems with HONDA.... and have come to realize that I have been screwed.

I am locked into a $18,000 loan... and will be lucky to have any resale value in 2 years if I cant get this paint problem resolved!!!

This Indian-RED HEAd is off to the dealership armed with the EDWARDS report, the MOTORTREND report, the CONSUMER REPORTS report, the "HONDA CERTIFIED STANDARDS" statement, the PREVIOUS CLASS-ACTION LAWSUIT FINAL JUDGEMENT (of which the 2010 is NOT included), and copies of complaints from other owners with the same problem......... and MY ATTTORNY's business card.

- , Hammond, MN, USA

Dec 012013

Accord EX 2.5L

Clear coat cracking on all horizontal surfaces, just want a repaint.

- , Niskayuna, NY, USA

Aug 132013

Accord LX 4 cyl

After my 2004 Accord EX-L was totaled in an accident in May 2013, I purchased from Gwinnett Place Honda in Duluth GA my 4th Accord - a silver 2010 LX sedan. The car was a former lease with only 30K, in great condition and a clean Carfax. Around August I noticed in various places on the front bumper small chips in the paint. I was pissed, but assumed it was due to crap hitting it from the road, though I make a conscious effort not to drive behind big trucks that would kick up pebbles, etc.

A couple of weeks later, I went to the dealer for one of my free oil changes and showed the service tech the bumper. By this time, paint was starting to chip in other places on the bumper and the older places had grown in size. He blew it off as road debris. I have driven 4 Accords since 1992, all purchased new. I know things can go wrong, so I thought since this one was used, I'd cover my ass and purchase the extended warranty. Of course, when I stated I have the warranty, I was told it doesn't cover paint. When I pushed a little and said this is obviously not from road debris, I was told again it's not covered.

For the next 6 months I have watched the paint continue to chip off my front bumper with a majority of it happening on the right corner. None of my other Accords had any paint issues. Each time I go the Gwinnett Place Honda I'm told there's nothing they can do other than repair it at my cost. When I requested help in getting info from Honda of America, I'm told to go to the website. My resale value is screwed. Obviously Honda is using cheaper paint now. Honda has now lost a four time customer, but I doubt they care.

- , Lilburn, GA, USA

Mar 082014

Accord EXL V6

I am really, really upset about this problem! My car's paint is chipping ! The front bumper is totally bad !!!

I just got my car last year of July 2013. A 2010 Honda Accord EXL. But, it seems a bad one ! Can't figure this out until I started looking for some problems on line. And Yes! It's really true, lot's of people have the same complaints like me. I took it once to Honda Dealership and they told me that there's no re-call on 2010 about the paint. But I told them that they should do the paint recall on the 2010 Accord too! Because it's the same problem!! They used a defective paint!!!!

WE NEED SOME HELP ABOUT THIS, PLEASE!!! I don't know what's going to happen this summer ! I am scared to see more paint will be peeling off! Because of the HOT WEATHER! AMERICAN HONDA HELP US! We are expecting that this Accord will be a very good one to have, right now I am totally not satisfied!!!!

- , Tracy, CA, USA

Oct 012013

Accord EX-L V6

Paint peeling around back glass, primer still intact. Noticed last fall. Took into dealer, they finally got back to us then took back to dealer for estimate. American Honda says they will pay 50%. Why would we have to pay the other 50% when it is a defect of there paint. Never seen paint peel like this on a car at the time 3.5 years old. Honda has some crappy paint. Contacted American Honda, they are reviewing case still.

- , Mechanicsville, MD, USA

Nov 012013

Accord EX V6

I have always loved Honda's. I owned a 1998 Honda Accord EX for close to 15 years. I finally purchased a newer Honda, a 2010 Honda Accord EX V6 in 2013. After approximately three months after purchase, and after the factory warranty had expired, my paint started chipping on the front bumper. I noticed it after coming back from a auto car wash. It wasn't as if it hit anything. It appears to just peal from the pressure of the water. This is freakin ridiculous, and I'm highly annoyed that I will likely be getting my entire bumper painted at my own expense. It has completely changed my opinion about the once "beloved" Honda Accord. I have a car note each month, and I want to be proud of my vehicle but I definitely feel like I was completely slighted. Although so far so good with the longevity of these cars....I am totally dissatisfied with the paint body, and if I can't resolve with the paint job, I will likely trade the vehicle and never purchase a Honda Accord again....

- , Douglasville, GA, USA

Jul 102013

Accord EX L 302L V6

Certainly will affect ability to sell vehicle at its appropriate price

body shop says existing paint must be removed & repaint

- , Montpelier, VT, USA