2016 Honda Accord lights problems: daytime led lights burning out

Daytime Led Lights Burning Out

2016 Honda Accord

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

6.3

$800

1. replace headlight assembly (5 reports)
2016 Honda Accord lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda Accord:

2016 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Sep 082017

Accord EX 3.5L V6

click to see larger images

daytime led lights burning out

Bought this 2016 Accord last year with 16K and its currently out of warranty with 37K. Last summer I noticed the driver side LED DRL light was fading and didn't realize that it would be such an expensive item to fix. In November, after being stopped by a (Nebraska State Trooper) I realized that half had gone out permanently. Only after this last incident I decided to return it back to the Honda dealership here in Denver Colorado for what I thought was going to be a routine light bulb replacement.

BOY WAS I WRONG - I just got off the phone with the dealership service department and they stated that they would have to replace the ENTIRE drivers side light box component… NOT simply replace the LED strip. The cost would be nearly $1000 dollars since the warranty had expired and that it would need to take off the entire front bumper of the car as well as sell me a $700 service light unit (part #33150-TAA81) … In addition, only now I'm find out now that this would NOT be a good investment because its VERY likely that other passenger side LED DRL would likely go out months later, for an additional $1000 parts and labor!? wtf??

* So what ever you do... if its failing take it in before your warranty is out! Its my mistake for waiting on what I thought would be a simple routine $30 strip replacement.

Update! * :: Honda America (https://automobiles.honda.com) has reached out to me and the dealership and has offered to cover only a portion of the (now newly adjusted $650 bill). They offered to cover $465 of the new out the door bill of $185 for just the drivers side headlight, which is significantly lower than $1000 that the dealership original offered me.

After seeing all of the failures of BOTH driver side and passenger side DRL's ( on Youtube & honda-tech.com) my confidence is VERY LOW that this is the end of the story $$. ugh... I offered to pay $370 for both sides since it would be another day in the shop and another $185 parts and labor when the other side fails. No Bueno! - They came back with over $500 to replace both DRL lights. Additionally; Honda America said they would only fix what is broken and that this $185 deal may or may NOT be applied to fix the passenger side DRL when it fails.

I feel at this point there should be a SAFETY RECALL on these DRL lights by Honda since they've have told me it is a safety issue.

I think at this point fixing BOTH DRL lights is the best solution.

- ptilly, Monument, US

Mar 192018

Accord EX

I was told by a friend that I had a light out on my accord, At this time, I am thinking it is the "pretty light" and should be an easy fix. I took the car in for an oil change two weeks later and let them know that my light needed to be fixed. This cute pretty light turned ugly by price. I was quoted 657...told in that way 657.... $657 for a light. Come to find out this is an LED light. The agent at Honda thought I was ready to pay $657 immediately for a light. Acted like it was no big deal. Pay it when you get your taxes she said ....I had no idea a light could even cost this much but was told that the head lights and such are much cheaper. You would think that I am driving around in a Mercedes for that price for a light that is supposed to last. While at Honda I had time to think. I have seen several accords with the same LED light out on the driver side.

- Keela C., Greenville, US

Apr 102018

Accord Sport 2.5L

• CVT transmission

click to see larger images

daytime led lights burning out

Honda did not want to replace the other running headlight, knowing that it will most likely take a crap prematurely.

- royballesteros, Fontana, US

Mar 012018

Accord EXL 2.4L

• CVT transmission

The vehicle is just over 2 years old with 67,000 miles. The DRL burnt out with less than 2,500 hrs of use. Ridiculously short for an LED. This should be a minor repair and yet Honda decided to use a non repairable device so the costs are close to $1,000.00 for each headlight to repair. This is a safety issue and Honda needs to recall. People who own this vehicle will be shocked once the warranty runs out. This is not why I bought a Honda.

Update from Mar 30, 2018: Success! Contacted American Honda and they are reimbursing me the entire repair including parts and labor. Great job Honda. Very happy to be part of the family.

- Vincent O., Island Park, NY, US

Feb 222018

Accord Touring 3.5L V6

I noticed recently that my driver side DRL has half-failed. I contacted my dealership and they're going to replace it under warranty, but they won't replace the one that's still working (though I'm assuming there's some sort of defect if this is as widespread as it seems).

Hopefully enough complaints will get honda to replace these for free since it's clearly not user error.

- Robert Alex K., Cranberry Twp, PA, US

Jan 012018

Accord EX

2016 Accord EX, one and half years old with 35,000 miles, BOTH side of DRL stripe burned out.. Whole units are replaced under standard warranty. Now hoping the stripes last long as possible~~~

- Gane I., Hemet, CA, US

Dec 182017

Accord LX V6

Just noticed this month (Dec) when taking car in for routine oil- change (at dealership) that my LED daytime running light on passenger side is partially out and driver side appears to be on its way out as well. This is definitely a problem seeing that I am out of warranty. Ive owned my car for 2yrs and 1 month purchased brand new so I can not understand how our why LED lights that are suppose to last the duration of ownership or longer...would be going in 2 years. Honda should definitely recall warranty and out of warranty vehicles with LED lights as this appears to be a manufacture defect - owners should not be liable or responsible for repairs as stated in other reviews this is a major problem. Im upset of the out of pocket cost expense to repair. :(

- Lisa G., St. Louis, US