2016 Honda Accord lights problems: daytime led lights burning out

Daytime Led Lights Burning Out

2016 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 4)

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

6.7

$760

1. replace headlight assembly (47 reports)
  3. honda replaced it for me free of charge. thanks to them (3 reports)
  4. honda has extended warranty (2 reports)
2016 Honda Accord lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda Accord:

2016 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Jun 122019

Accord Touring V6

Will Honda continue to replace and cover the replacement costs if the DTR LEDs fail again?

- John K., Florence, SC, US

Jun 272019

Accord Touring 3.6L V6

This time my driver's side DRL went out and Honda is replacing it under an extended warranty program. About two years ago my passenger side DRL went out and was replaced under the standard warranty. I really hope these replacements don't have the same defect as the originals.

- Shawn H., Elk Grove, US

Jul 012019

Accord Touring 3.6L

Anyone that owns the Accord with the DRL I'm sure by now has received their warranty extension on the LED strip. (Thank you Honda, Kinda) I bought the 2016 model used with 33k miles in Nov 2017. Within a month or so I noticed the Passenger DRL was burned out and upon calling the dealer they informed me the cost of replacing the ENTIRE headlight assembly was around $1k JUST for the part... thank goodness under warranty at the time... Now July 2019 with 47k miles on the car the drivers side DRL has burned out. I'm not the only one with this issue, obviously why we all should be notified of the extension of warranty... But what a pain in the butt to have to take your car in every few years to have this replaced.

- Dean Z., Palatine, IL, US

May 152019

Accord Touring 3.5L V6

Day light LED burned out. This is very bad that Honda is not keep up with its reputation for quality. This issue can only fixed by replacing the entire head lamp assembly, which cost ~$1200 for the part, and then you gotta add ~100 for labor and do not forget tax too. This is my 3d Honda, but the the least int terms of build quality and performance. in other-words, the least value to the money. I had 2000 Acura RL, and it was ok. Also, I had 2010 Accord, and it was great in terms of reliability and build quality with 1 major problem ( burning oil). Everything else, is up to expectations, and handling is great. This 2016 Accord, is suppose to be the top of the line. It is priced at 35000 MSRP, so premium prices. However, I have noticed many un refined things, that to me is not acceptable for production vehicle. It may be acceptable for prototype. This includes ok brakes, buggy infotainment system, and you can only connect apple maps to the navigation screen, so no google maps. Not good sport mode. Very soft suspension, so when you drive on a curve, you feel the car is leaning so much. Trunk does not close if you do not hit it in the middle. Bad alignment, so the car push toward one side, and this is affecting even the lane assist, Bad lane assist, and collision mitigation system, multiple times, it was performing very poorly. It does not scan the curves on the road, so if you are on curve on the left lane, and there another car a head of you, on the right lane, it will brake. Sometimes, especially in the city, it brakes so hard, especially when you are slowing down for traffic light. It sees another vehicle, and apply brake very badly, and makes loud noise, which could be scary to some people. No nob for navigation sound level, so it makes it harder or slower to turn voice down quickly. Transmission is not so smooth, but this is not big deal. Heated seats front and back which is great. Many luxury vehicles do not have this feature. Soft and comfortable seats. Fuel economy in the city is so so. It is worst when starting the engine. Sound system is not up to expectations. It is not high quality, and it makes rattling for sub music. Car is so fast though, and this is a good thing.

- Hadi M., East Lansing, MI, US

May 012019

Accord LX 2.4L

LED daytime running lights burn out prematurely and could cost up to $1500 to fix. I recommend EVERYONE LEAVE A LAMP PERMANENTLY BURNED OUT AS SH*T ADVERTISING FOR HONDA until they decide to change them all out for free (maybe a class action lawsuit in the long-term). Honda deserves to see every single Accord on the road with a burned out light, and that will make everyone think twice before buying a Honda. Please don't waste your own money on a replacement!!!

- mrozman, Toronto, ON, Canada

Jun 032019

Accord Sport 2.4L

Driver side LED daylight running light is burned out.

- Itsme T., Austin, US

May 172019

Accord EX-L V6

I don't know how long it's been like this, but I just saw it today via a reflection from a glass storefront. The passenger side LED DRL strip is half burned out. I called the dealer where I bought the car, but I'm 32 days past the 3 year warranty period. I bought an extended warranty when I bought the car, but the place (Penn Warranty) is closed for the weekend. I'll find out Monday if it's covered or not. The service guy on the phone said he thought the headlight assembly was north of $800...so that's not an option.

- Erik D., West Linn, OR, US

Apr 012019

Accord EXL6-Sensing V6

A major reason one buys a Honda, in my case five of them, is because of their reliability. Major failure here - a widespread problem - and the response, to date, has been to play ostrich. More than disappointing, this seems to be a pattern for them as evidenced by the long-time denial of the 1.5-liter engine problem with the CR-Vs.

Honda - your repeat customers are watching - and you are not measuring up!

- Joseph P., Westborough, MA, US

Mar 292019

• CVT transmission

I took my 2016 in to have the driver side DRL fixed under warranty. I made an appointment and took my car in to be repaired. An hour later I was told that Honda has extended the warranty to 10 years as of 4/12/2019 but the new parts would have to be ordered and they were currently on back order. This might help someone out there. Honda apparently had a lot of complaints about this problem and has listened. I wonder what they changed and if it is going to be as bright or if they are simply going to change the type of bulb. I like the way the lights made the car look and hope the change they make doesn't change the appearance. I certainly don't want to have one headlight that doesn't match the other.

- Donald R., Spartanburg, SC, US

Dec 062018

Accord EX-L 2.4L

I just purchased this car a month ago. My manager mentioned that my daytime running light was out on the driver side. I looked at it after work and sure enough it was out. I Googled it and issue came right to this page.

Then further research pointed me to all the below information. How much more does Honda need to act??

I took it to Hendrick Honda and they said the car was 3 days out of warranty but they would give me 80% off and it cost $100 (waiting 4 hours). I previously had a 2007 Mazda 3 Grand Touring and never in 12 years have an issue with headlights.

There are issues with the 2017's as well they just aren't as prevalent yet because they are 1 year newer.

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Accord/2016/lights/daytime_led_lights_burning_out.shtml https://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Accord/2016/lights/headlight_failure.shtml https://www.driveaccord.net/forums/138-audio-electronics-lighting/537625-does-2017-touring-has-drl-issues.html https://www.driveaccord.net/forums/138-audio-electronics-lighting/312473-what-happens-if-bulb-led-drl-strip-goes-out.html https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchResults.action?searchType=PROD&prodType=V&targetCategory=A&activeTab=3&searchCriteria.model_yr=2016&searchCriteria.make=HONDA&searchCriteria.model=ACCORD&searchCriteria.prod_ids=1995899

Class Action lawsuit DRL Issue

Youtube Videos Detailing Issue with hundreds of comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsfiY3b8R5k https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBJap21W43U https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q00XnNgAIXw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgIxFrlO1TM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30hOFRFSiJo

- Jeff J., Charlotte, NC, US

Apr 012019

Accord Touring 2.4L

• CVT transmission

This cost a whole leg and way too expensive for a light.

- Glen A., Toronto, ON, Canada

Jan 012019

Accord EX-L 3.5L V6

For a car that costs $32K this is ridiculous to have happening. This is a LED daytime running light that it on the driver side. There is no way this is not a defect in the design, but since it's outside of the warranty period, now I have no option but to buy a new headlight assembly, if I want my less than 3 year old car to look nice. If Honda can't figure out how to make LEDs last, then stick with easily replaced halogen bulbs!

- Robert C., Brecksville, US

Jan 232019

Accord EX

• CVT transmission

I really hate how Honda's quality went down over the years. It's my 3rd Honda (2004, 20012, 2016) and it's just getting worth and worth.

I have noticed the burnt out LED today, when it's past warranty. However, it may have happened earlier as well. Typically LEDs are more reliable with a lifetime of about 30,000 hours. The car is used no more than 2 hours a day, meaning it went out in no more than 2,000 hours. And, per my research, it costs arm and leg to replace it.

If Honda does not take responsibility for this very widespread issue. I am not buying Honda again!

- Michael F., Morrisville, NC, US

Mar 052019

• CVT transmission

Shame on Honda for these faulty DRLs. Half side of my drl on driver side is gone.

- Gerardo R., Chicago, US

Nov 032018

Accord Sport

The passenger DRL is starting to go out on my ‘16 Accord Sport. It hasn’t gone completely out like I see many others but it’s noticeably dimmer than the driver side DRL so I expect it to go out soon. Honda would not replace the light under warranty since the DRL hadn’t burnt out yet. The car was just purchased last week and is a CPO so has 12mo/12k warranty. Not sure if they will cover the repair when it does go completely out or if they will claim the “wear and tear item” clause, when this is obviously a widespread issue. Not sure if I can wait for it to go out as I’m peculiar about the aesthetics of a vehicle so I may replace it myself. It’s driving me nuts that the DRLs aren’t working properly on these cars. In just the past week I’ve seen probably 8-10 of these cars with the same issue on the road or on dealer websites with photos of DRLs on.

- Matt W., Alton, VA, US

Nov 012018

Accord EX 2.4L V4

• CVT transmission

Right after taking it in for maintenance, they told me my passenger side fog lights were out and it would cost over $400 in parts and labor to get replaced. $400 to replace a light? I opted to wait and do some more digging adobe for costs and other options. While I'm doing that, I noticed my driver side daylight led is half out just like everyone else reported. Doing some more research into fixes, I'm seeing this may bed to be replaced for $1200? This all happens right after warranty expired since my car is at 41k miles! Just prior to this, I had the reverse camera replaced because the clip broke off and guess what... I had to get that while camera unit replaced because you can't get the clip separate from the camera, even though the camera itself is working! This was going to cost weight $300/$400! Luckily this piece still was uber warranty at 35,800 miles. Unbelievable! Honda quantity has really give down so much! This may be the last Honda I will buy.

- nocturnone, San Jose, US

Oct 242018

Accord EX 2.4L

• CVT transmission

Both driver and passanger side led drl lights burnt out. Honda wants over $1,000 to replace the entire headlight assembly because the leds are built in and can not be replaced. Definitely a saftey issue and an outragous price for something that is supposed to last the life of the car. Honda customer service has not been able to help one bit. No recalls in sight.

- Andy S., Washington DC, US

Feb 232019

Accord EX-L 2.4L

• CVT transmission

Vehicle is only 3 years old and the daytime running light on the driver side is already out. Vehicle only has 47,000 miles on it. To get it fixed through Honda dealer it'll be $500-600. Honda needs to do a recall on this, as I see I'm not the only complaint.

- Ryan S., Paola, KS, US

Oct 012018

Accord Sport

Well I purchased my car new. One day my dad noticed that my passenger LED light was half working. Called the dealership, since I was past my warranty, its an $650.00 fix. I contacted Honda of America Mfg and they told since I am out of warranty that I would have to pay for it. I talked to the dealer and we were able to work out a deal since this is a KNOWN issue.

Honda needs to get their act together. First this LED light, then the battery issue with it dying after only 2 years. Whoever engineered the "SPORT" model needs to go back to engineering school. I had only Hondas my whole life and I am really thinking about going to a different brand. This is ridiculous!

- Nataria S., Columbus, US

Feb 012019

Accord Touring V6

It's frustrating that the only way to fix the DRL problem is to replace the whole (very expensive) headlight assembly.

- Michael W., Middle River, US