9.0

1. repaint (2 reports)
2018 Honda Accord body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Honda Accord:

2018 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jun 122019

Accord Touring 2.0t

click to see larger images

paint chips and scratches easily paint chips and scratches easily paint chips and scratches easily paint chips and scratches easily

PAINT CHIPS AND SCRATCHES EASILY. Clearcoat and paint started peeling. The slightest thing will scratch or chip the paint. Scratches on the hood and roof are pretty significant (really noticeably due to the car being black). Any little thing that touches the paint seems to damage it. The paint peeled off in multiple spots on the roof and the trunk. Now I can see the actual care metal. I bought this car (Accord 2018 2.0 T) in November 2018, and I started noticing all these issues a couple of months ago, but things got worse very quickly. Contacted Dealer and they contacted Honda, but I received the expected answer that they can't do much as this form external environment. I used to have a C 300 black car that I used to park in the same place every day like my Honda and never had these issues.

- Wagdy T., Fontana, US

Jan 102019

Accord EXL 2.0t

Love the car, but the paint sucks. The slightest thing will scratch or chip the paint. Snow and ice slide off of the roof, down the windshield and onto the hood. Scratched the hood pretty significantly ( really noticeably due to the car being black). Any little thing that touches the paint seems to damage it. I would have expected the paint on a 2018 would be holding up better than it is. Didn't have this trouble with the 2014 Accord we owned, but the paint on the 2018 is a joke. In my opinion, the whole car should be repainted (paint seems to be to thin).

- Jacob U., Zebulon, US