8.0

$780

1. replace windshield (5 reports)
2018 Honda Accord windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Honda Accord:

2018 Honda Accord Owner Comments

May 172019

Accord Touring 1.5L I-4 Engine

• CVT transmission

click to see larger images

windshield cracked windshield cracked windshield cracked

My wife was driving in a 50km/h zone when she heard a bang/ crack sound scaring her. The windshield has a major crack in it from the passenger top right corner to in front of the drivers face. If you look at the image you can see the windshield is not not even with the other cracked part along the top of the windshield. The Honda dealer service rep said, yes it's a stress crack", so he got the service manager. The service manager said it was not a stress crack. I feel it is and want the windshield covered under warranty. This happened may 17, we are just getting the car in for replacement tomorrow. Why such a long wait for the windshield on a new car with only 8200 km on it. I loaded hopefully 3 images now. Even if a very small stone hit the windshield it should not have cracked like this and certainly not be so uneven along the top of the windshield. Your thoughts?

Update from Jul 18, 2019: The Auto Glass business owner told me that the crack was 100% a stress crack, 100%.

I am going to confront the Honda dealer about covering it under warranty with the information I have. I am going to try get the owner to write it down for me to show the dealership his professional findings compared to the service managers unqualified statement. I have 3 options that I know of at this time, have the dealership cover the glass by warranty, contact the Ombudsman, or a suit against the dealership. Choice 3 is a last resort.

- Karsten B., Toronto, ON, Canada

Feb 262019

Accord EX 2 Lteter

I am REALLY disappointed in the quality of this windshield. I can see every small ding that hits the window. It concerned me weeks before a crack appeared. I had the car for only one month at the time. I could barely see the ding that started the crack, I was in shock to see a crack stretching across my windshield within a matter of several hours. I am still in shock to think that a new 2018 Honda Accord purchased 6 months ago straight off of the showroom floor has such a poorly made windshield. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

- Jerome H., Cordova, TN, US

Jan 272019

Accord EX 1.5L

Have driven hundreds of thousands of miles in other cars without a single severe windshield issue or replacement. This one picked a piece of rock genuinely smaller than the tip of a sharpened pencil and it all but split my windshield within a half hour. Crack traveled from mid-level passenger side all the way up to the rear view mirror, which of course costs more money and time to have adjusted after being replaced.

- Heather C., Anaheim, US

Jan 202019

Accord Touring 2.0t

Canadian winter is no Joke, but to have my windshield cracked over this weekend, when the Temp was -22 outside. Started my car remotely came to the car and my windshield cracked. I will be taking it back to dealer and see what he says. It looks like the heating element on the windshield cracked the screen.

- Farhan A., Brampton, ON, Canada

Aug 012018

Accord Sport V4

We took the vehicle back to Honda for an assessment after opening up a complaint. The dealership manager came out with a razor blade and ran it over the window a couple of times. One the razor blade got caught in the bottom of the cracks he convinced me that the crack was caused by a stone chip.

I took the car to a glass repair shop and that's when I was advise that the crack was actually NOT CAUSED BY a STONE CHIP. I thought that was strange so I took the vehicle to another glass repair shop and again I was told that it was NOT a stone chip that cased the cracking of the windshield. I was advised that it's caused by the HEATED WINDSHIELD WIPERS and the changed a windshield in another Honda Accord just 2 was ago.

In Ontario we experience extreme heat and extremely cold winters and the heated wipers cause spontaneous cracks. The cracks (yes, cracks as there are 2 of them) run from the very bottom of the windshield up and across the center of the windshield to the passenger side.

- Keisha M., Mississauga, ON, Canada