7.5

$780

1. replace windshield (7 reports)
2018 Honda Accord windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Honda Accord:

2018 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Nov 152019

Accord EX Touring 2.0L

I haven't had the windshield fixed yet, this time. My complaint is that when I do get it fixed it will be the 5th windshield in this car. The original windshield was replaced due to a small chip that ran half the width of the windshield before it stopped. You can't repair a crack larger than a dollar bill. The 2nd windshield was a replacement due to a cracked edge caused by shipping from the manufacturer. The 3rd windshield was due to a stress crack that appeared while parked overnight. The 4th windshield or current, is due to a small pebble. This time as soon as it happened I parked it in the garage and called for a repair. It was smaller than a dollar bill and I didn't drive it for 4 days waiting for the repairman to get here. I didn't even open the doors, and when the repairman got here it had grown to 2 feet long. I am 74 years old and have driven many cars for many miles and have never had an incident where I've had to replace a windshield or even had a chipped windshield. Needless to say it is more than annoying and is causing a financial problem. I love the car and it's features but I would never buy another one or recommend one to my friends and family. The solution may be for Honda to re-fabricate the windshield and replace the current ones. Just saying!

- Sharon H., Conroe, TX, US

Nov 072019

Accord

I am extremely dissatisfied with the 2018 Honda Accord windshield! My windshield has a huge crack in with no other damage. I noticed the foot long scratch after it being in a parking lot for approximately 2 hours. This is a new vehicle and should be more resistant than the window to crack. I really hope someone files a class action lawsuit!

- Miss S., Elberfeld, IN, US

Sep 112019

Accord Touring 1.5t

Very frustrated as it is a very nice luxurious car. I would say almost perfect car that Honda have delivered to the world. But today, after driving it for less than six months, like any other day, looking forward in driving the car home for the evening after work to find a huge cracked from the left side frame passenger side to almost midway of the windshield...at first, I thought a rock or something big hit it...but after closely examined, there is no rock or chip marks at all...it seems as though it decided to crack due to stress of some sort after parking outside in the sun all day...that should not be the issue as this is windshield tempered glass , and should meet the requirement of the motor vehicle department.

Very, very disappointed to find it...but more DISAPPOINTED to find that HONDA Dealership did not covered it under regular Warranty...after all, this is a brand new car with less than six months and less than 12K miles....the cost to replace it is $1K.

SO FRUSTRATED AND THINKING OF HIRING A LAWYER TO DO A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST HONDA FOR NEGLIGENT IN THE QUALITY AND WARRANTY OF THE CAR.THE QUALITY DEPT SHOULD HAVE KNOWN AND AWARE OF THE ISSUE AS THIS IS NOT THE FIRST CASE AND SHOULD HAVE DO A COMPLETE RECALL OF ALL HONDA ACCORD 2018/19 REPLACEMENT FOR IT.

- stevet68, Newport Beach, US

May 172019

Accord Touring 1.5L I-4 Engine

• CVT transmission

click to see larger images

windshield cracked windshield cracked windshield cracked

My wife was driving in a 50km/h zone when she heard a bang/ crack sound scaring her. The windshield has a major crack in it from the passenger top right corner to in front of the drivers face. If you look at the image you can see the windshield is not not even with the other cracked part along the top of the windshield. The Honda dealer service rep said, yes it's a stress crack", so he got the service manager. The service manager said it was not a stress crack. I feel it is and want the windshield covered under warranty. This happened may 17, we are just getting the car in for replacement tomorrow. Why such a long wait for the windshield on a new car with only 8200 km on it. I loaded hopefully 3 images now. Even if a very small stone hit the windshield it should not have cracked like this and certainly not be so uneven along the top of the windshield. Your thoughts?

Update from Jul 18, 2019: The Auto Glass business owner told me that the crack was 100% a stress crack, 100%.

I am going to confront the Honda dealer about covering it under warranty with the information I have. I am going to try get the owner to write it down for me to show the dealership his professional findings compared to the service managers unqualified statement. I have 3 options that I know of at this time, have the dealership cover the glass by warranty, contact the Ombudsman, or a suit against the dealership. Choice 3 is a last resort.

- Karsten B., Toronto, ON, Canada

Feb 262019

Accord EX 2 Lteter

I am REALLY disappointed in the quality of this windshield. I can see every small ding that hits the window. It concerned me weeks before a crack appeared. I had the car for only one month at the time. I could barely see the ding that started the crack, I was in shock to see a crack stretching across my windshield within a matter of several hours. I am still in shock to think that a new 2018 Honda Accord purchased 6 months ago straight off of the showroom floor has such a poorly made windshield. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

- Jerome H., Cordova, TN, US

Jan 272019

Accord EX 1.5L

Have driven hundreds of thousands of miles in other cars without a single severe windshield issue or replacement. This one picked a piece of rock genuinely smaller than the tip of a sharpened pencil and it all but split my windshield within a half hour. Crack traveled from mid-level passenger side all the way up to the rear view mirror, which of course costs more money and time to have adjusted after being replaced.

- Heather C., Anaheim, US

Jan 202019

Accord Touring 2.0t

Canadian winter is no Joke, but to have my windshield cracked over this weekend, when the Temp was -22 outside. Started my car remotely came to the car and my windshield cracked. I will be taking it back to dealer and see what he says. It looks like the heating element on the windshield cracked the screen.

- Farhan A., Brampton, ON, Canada

Aug 012018

Accord Sport V4

We took the vehicle back to Honda for an assessment after opening up a complaint. The dealership manager came out with a razor blade and ran it over the window a couple of times. One the razor blade got caught in the bottom of the cracks he convinced me that the crack was caused by a stone chip.

I took the car to a glass repair shop and that's when I was advise that the crack was actually NOT CAUSED BY a STONE CHIP. I thought that was strange so I took the vehicle to another glass repair shop and again I was told that it was NOT a stone chip that cased the cracking of the windshield. I was advised that it's caused by the HEATED WINDSHIELD WIPERS and the changed a windshield in another Honda Accord just 2 was ago.

In Ontario we experience extreme heat and extremely cold winters and the heated wipers cause spontaneous cracks. The cracks (yes, cracks as there are 2 of them) run from the very bottom of the windshield up and across the center of the windshield to the passenger side.

- Keisha M., Mississauga, ON, Canada