- October 19: Honda Recalls 2019 Insight, Odyssey and Ridgeline recalls | 3 days ago
- October 19: Honda Recalls Civics and CR-Vs to Fix Steering Problems recalls | 3 days ago
- October 3: Honda Fuel Dilution Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 19 days ago
- September 29: Honda Recalls 1.4 Million Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 23 days ago
- September 28: Honda Recalls Accord and Insight For Rear Camera Problems recalls | 24 days ago
Honda Recall JV9: Driver Side Air Bag Inflator May Rupture
2016 Honda CR-V
In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, the inflator could rupture with metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Frontal — Driver Side Inflator Module
- American Honda Motor Company, Inc. (Honda) is recalling certain model year 2016 CR-V vehicles manufactured October 12, 2015, to October 19, 2015. The metal housing surrounding the driver's air bag inflator in these vehicles may have been manufactured incorrectly.
- Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver side frontal air bag module, free of charge. The recall began in November 2015. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Honda'a number for this recall is JV9.
- Documents (13)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - October 29, 2015 Stop Sale/Safety Recall: 2016 CR-V Driver's Airbag Module
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Service Bulletin 15-081 October 29, 2015 02690 Version 1
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Defect 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016- 1 & 2
Click a tab for more information.