- September 21: Takata Airbag Investigation Includes 30 Million Vehicles investigations | 7 days ago
- September 15: Level 2 Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Investigated investigations | 13 days ago
- September 8: 'Miles to Empty' Accuracy Questioned by Researchers news | 20 days ago
- August 18: Honda Battery Warranty Useless, Alleges Lawsuit news | 41 days ago
- July 24: Honda Odyssey Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 66 days ago
Heat Not Working Properly
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends. Judging from the identical 2017 model year, the 2018 Honda CR-V is likely to have at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.
Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.
CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada.
CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 5,100 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 11 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (11 reports)
AC / heater problem