ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2018 Honda CR-V AC / heater problems: heat not working properly

Heat Not Working Properly

2018 Honda CR-V

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends. Judging from the identical 2017 model year, the 2018 Honda CR-V is likely to have at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.

Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.

CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only proposed a recall in China, & regulators there have rejected it because they don't think Honda's plan is sufficient.

CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.

2018 Honda CR-V AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Honda CR-V:

2018 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Jun 012018

CR-V LX Diesel

Heater does NOT work, Honda seems clueless to fix it! Lawsuit coming!

- Chris M., Angeles City, Philippines

Nov 262018

CR-V LX 1.5L Turbo

Drive 4 miles city and HWY and still no heat. On bad days you use a small scraper to keep windshield clear enough to drive..VERY UNSAFE CR-V.

- Rick S., Welland, ON, Canada

Nov 302017

CR-V EX 1.9L Turbo

• CVT transmission

I just bought a 2018 Honda CR-V. My first brand new car in 30 years. The heat is awful. Even using the remote start the car is still cold after 10 minutes. My drive to work is 30 minutes and I rarely get up to 50mph. The temp gauge goes up to almost half if I am using the gas hard like going up a hill but at a red light the temp gauge goes back down to 1 or 2 bars. The only time the car heats up properly is while driving at high speeds on the highway for along period of time an hour or more. Otherwise I get little or no heat out of it. I need to add that It has been sub zero here in Maine for about a week but the heat was not much better before the cold snap. I have an Odyssey that the heat is amazing a mile down the road in any weather. The service writer tells me there is nothing wrong with the car. If that is the case I may have to buy a Toyota. :( I live in New England. If the car won't keep me warm then it needs a new owner. Any Florida takers?? I love it otherwise.

- Michele D., Gray, US