2018 Honda CR-V accessories - interior problems: infotainment glitches

Infotainment Glitches

2018 Honda CR-V

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends. Judging from the identical 2017 model year, the 2018 Honda CR-V is likely to have at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.

Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.

CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada.

CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.

7.3

2. honda says no fix (2 reports)
2018 Honda CR-V accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Honda CR-V:

2018 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Oct 012018

CR-V Touring

Purchased a new 2018 Honda CRV Touring in March of 2018. Five months into my purchase the media center started to glitch and the touch screen blacks out then takes no input from me. The volume will go from low to high, the screen brightness will go from low to high, the menu will randomly switch between different menu options and sometimes it will go completely black and freeze. I cannot use any of the functionality. I've been to two different Honda Dealership service centers and they've "reset" the unit multiple times and even replaced the "unit". The first "replaced the unit" repair lasted only until I was about to drive off the lot and the issue started again! Before I even drove off the lot! I left the vehicle again, they "reset" and again I pick up my vehicle, same day--issue occurs again. I've escalated to the management staff at the original purchase dealership as well as Corporate Honda only to be told there is "currently no fix."

I'm beyond disappointed in Honda. This is how they treat loyal customers. It's even more frustrating and relieving at the same time, to find your website and see that others are experiencing the SAME ISSUE. Honda continues to sell these vehicles with faulty parts. This is my 5th Honda and will mostly likely be the last.

I've also submitted a complaint to the NATIONAL CENTER FOR DISPUTES SETTLEMENT (NCDS) and am awaiting a call from them. I'm not sure where to go from here but I'm hoping that sharing this information will help others make an informed decision before deciding to buy a new Honda with the same faulty touch screen media center. I can see on the Honda website that they continue to seek their vehicles with the same unit my vehicle has.

- Nereida R., Los Banos, US

Dec 262018

CR-V Touring

I bought a Honda 2018 CR-V Touring because I needed the navigation and iPod compatibility. The salesperson assured me that the infotainment unit was compatible with my iTouch. However, it is not compatible and Honda corporate had published a service manual that stated on page 335 that it was not compatible.

On various occasions, the infotainment unit will not "load" playlists, switches and beeps erratically, gets stuck and won't respond to additional keystrokes. To remedy a problem, one has to either remove and reinsert the USB plug or turn off and restart the car.

I have been advised by the Sunset Honda service manager that the problem cannot be fixed. That is, the salesperson was either uninformed about the defect or lied.

Honda regional case manager Katherine stated that I should not have believed what the Honda salesperson told me. She said that I would have to wait until Apple provided an update for the problem. That is, Katherine believes that the customer should bear with the problem for an indefinite amount of time.

Testing the iTouch in other makes of car suggests that the incompatibility exists only in the Honda CR-V.

If you have had similar problems with the infotainment unit, please email me- 4smclare@gmail.com

- Scott C., Templeton, US

Jun 052019

CR-V LX 2.4L V4

• CVT transmission

I bought it new, just a year and a half ago with the CR-V and I was in the highway in the middle of a phone call using the car bluetooth when out of nowhere the system does a big noise shutting itself down and turning on quickly. This leaves a bad taste because I owe almost 6 years of the loan! Don't know what to think of it. It even can be dangerous if it has something to do with a short circuit or something because of the noise it did.

- Andres M., Bayamon, Puerto Rico

Apr 142019

CR-V Touring

This is an ongoing problem that keeps getting worse. About 3-4 months after I purchased the CRV, it was changing displays and brightness of the screen, but not that often. Now it is happening every day. I have only owned this vehicle for about 14 months. If I drive it for more than 25-30 minutes, it will look like the CRV is haunted. It's like someone is pressing the "Brightness" button to bright, then night, then off. Then the display settings change. Sometimes the stations will change on their own. It beeps all the time. It starts off slow and then speeds up to a constant changing of settings... BEEP, BEEP,BEEP,BEEP,BEEP... It's never ending! Rebooting the system while driving doesn't work. As it gets worse, it does't matter how much I touch/pound on the screen. It loses its touch sensitivity.

I brought it to the dealer to have it fixed. They said that Honda is aware of the problem and they do not have a fix for it. They suggested that I keep the brightness setting set to night all the time, but this does not work. The only fix seems to be shutting the car off and then turning it back on and then I'm good for another 25-30 minutes.

One time my ACC shut off and it beeped. I never noticed the ACC shutting off, because the audio system beeps all the time. I almost rear ended a pickup truck, because the ACC shut off (the dealer confirmed and Honda doesn't know why the ACC and Lane Departure did shut off) and was surprised to experience the ACC not stopping for me. Then I noticed the ACC Problem message, followed by the Road Departure Mitigation System Problem message. With the audio system beeping going off all the time, I can't tell when I should look for a problem.

So the end result is that I drive it for 25-30 minutes and then I have to pull off the road, shut the engine off and then restart it. It's the only way I can keep my sanity while driving this piece of crap!

- drjones, Shrewsbury, MA, US

Apr 012019

CR-V EX-L 1.5L 4cl Turbo

Same as others have reported - my touchscreen display will just "flake out" at random times. I'll be driving along with the display showing the current audio selection and it will beep and the brightness indicator will come up. Then it beeps and goes away, beeps and comes back and will just keep going like this. Only way to fix it is to turn the car off and on again. Brought it to the dealership this morning, with a video of the problem. They just called me and said that Honda is aware of the issue and there is no fix at the moment. They will notify me when they have a fix. Super annoying in a brand new car.

- Tina F., Saline, MI, US

Mar 062019

CR-V EX 1.5L Turbo

The brightness display on my info-system screen started to flash/flicker randomly. This had happened 3 times now within a month. The latest one was on March 6, 2019 so I had my son recorded the issue as proof. I called my dealership to explain what happened. I was told that the video of my proof doesn't do any good unless they witness that problem with their own eyes on my vehicle.

I called the main Honda number (800-999-1009) and was basically told the same thing. Because there is no consistency of the problem, seeing the actual problem from my recorded video apparently is not the same as seeing it in real-time. Even though my vehicle was purchased brand new and I even bought an extended warranty, I am SOL.

Therefore, the only way the dealership/Honda is willing to look into this is that when the brightness display starts to flash/flicker again my car, I would have to drive it straight to a dealership to have a technician see it with their own eyes so they can say to me "yes, I see the problem now" even though I have a recorded video of the problem already that is not enough proof according to their standard. I would understand from their point of view if I don't have proof to back it up where it's just a verbal complaint.

We live in a world now where videos don't lie but for Honda, they might think that you could tinker with the video like changing the original picture in Photoshop. There's my gripe!

- Duy N., Minneapolis, MN, US

Mar 222019

• CVT transmission

The infotainment system randomly goes from black screen to flashing lights. When this happens, it beeps incessantly. The dealer told me that Honda knows this is happening but they do not currently have a fix. The dealer gave me some things to try for a temporary fix but nothing has helped. It is very frustrating to have a new car that has a problem and the auto maker doesn’t know what to do to fix it. Do not buy a 2018 Honda CRV!

- Pamela W., Fletcher, NC, US

Jul 192018

CR-V 1.5lturbo

Let me first begin by saying I've owned my 2018 CRV since April . It currently has 4200 mles and up until this past Thursday, (july 20) my info system worked flawlessly. Thursday the "Honda" logo didn't come on nor did the safety notice come on. As I drove, the logo came on but no safety notice. My radio wouldn't come on and a "failure" message appeared on the screen. Again, I pulled over, shut off the vehicle and then restarted. The "Honda" logo came on but no safety message and now I had my radio back. So I thought, just a glitch and now all is good. Next time I needed the vehicle I noticed a real delay in the "Honda" logo coming on and this time no safety message appeared. As I put the car in reverse I noticed I no longer had the "guide" lines that formally appeared. Also, the clock on the info screen was no longer correct. It had advanced by 4 hours. Now, The "Honda " logo appears but hesitates, no safety message. No lines appear in the back-up camera to assist and as I'm driving, the safety message finally appears. Definitely, something going on with this $2000+ info system.

- Michael D., Westmelbourne, US

Sep 262018

CR-V EXL 4

I have a 2018 HONDA CR-V. I purchased it September 2018. Since I purchased it, the reverse camera has gone completely blank while reversing, which is a SAFETY HAZARD. It eventually turns back on the next time I reverse. The electronic screen which has your telephone, radio, information on car etc, and reverse cameras goes blank while driving. Sometimes it starts to play music all by itself. When driving and talking on the phone system the music just starts playing. At times, the screen just starts glitching then shuts off. After a few minutes its starts to reload but connects to nothing because you cannot connect to anything while in driving mode.

I have since taken my car in to have it serviced and they say "OH, SORRY IT'S A COMPUTER GLITCH. So I then call Honda Consumer Relations and open a case and guess what she says???? OH SORRY, IT'S A COMPUTER GLITCH. But when they took my $34,000, they never once said OH, I CAN'T TAKE YOUR MONEY BECAUSE IT HAS A COMPUTER GLITCH. Is that fair that you are not told of the problem they supposedly know of. NOPE!!!! They happily accept your money. THIS IS SO UNFAIR.

They said when they come up with a solution they will advise me. When is that 2 months, 6 months, a year later. What benefit do I get from a car that doesn't work properly. If they can't get it to work properly then why SELL it. Because HONDA is GREEDY and they do not care about their customers.

Please whoever reads this DO NOT BUY A 2018 HONDA CR-V. I have pictures and video footage that I will upload soon. Even with proof of problem HONDA DOES NOT CARE. SHAME ON HONDA!!!!!

- Allennette S., Honolulu, HI, US

Nov 202018

CR-V EXL 1.5L

Brand New vehicle, while playing a song from my iPod or phone the music will randomly skip just enough to be annoying. Sounds very similar to back in the day when CD's were new and we would play a CD in the car on a rough road. Problem is this is 2018 and this is not a CD. I've experienced it on different songs and different devices. This is not downloaded music either.

Let me know if any of you have experienced this problem.

- Scott P., Atlanta, US

Sep 012018

CR-V EX

Display flickers from screen to screen, unable to navigate between screens of user interface. Have to shut off car to reset Entertainment system.

- Joe K., Cape Canaveral, US