CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends. Judging from the identical 2017 model year, the 2018 Honda CR-V is likely to have at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.

Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.

CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada.

CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.

7.0

2018 Honda CR-V electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Honda CR-V:

2018 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Apr 072018

CR-V Touring

I have had my CRV for just over a year. I am seriously considering trading it in. The display is possessed and there isn't a fix available. I have a video but it's not on YouTube. It starts with the brightness adjustment display popping up randomly. Then the display goes light and dark and dim beeping all the while. It did this for 20 minutes on my commute to work today. It happens at least every week or two. Sometimes it changes the radio station. I've just about had my fill.

- Rebecca B., Conroe, TX, US

Jan 252018

CR-V EX 4 cyl Turbo

Since new (12/28/207) this car has had issues with the audio panel. It will change stations on its own, lose ability to select anything. It will change brightness at will and it has started running through SETTINGS and locking out all other functions. Honda Dealer says there is no problem with it. That's their answer for all issues with the car. I HATE THIS CAR. I STUPIDLY TRADED MY 2009 CADDY CTS FOR THIS JUNKER. THIS ISN'T THE ONLY ISSUE I HAVE HAD WITH THIS POS.

- oldline1, Huntsville, US