- February 13: Honda Recalls Passport and Pilot SUVs For Erasable Label Ink recalls | 7 days ago
- February 12: Honda Odyssey EX-L, Touring and Elite Recalled After Fires recalls | 8 days ago
- January 28: Honda CR-V Sensing Lawsuit Says SUVs Suddenly Stop In The Road news | 23 days ago
- January 22: Honda Recalls 2.4 Million Vehicles For Takata NADI Airbags recalls | 29 days ago
- January 1: Tesla Crash in Gardena, California, Investigated By Feds investigations | 50 days ago
2018 Honda CR-V
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends. Judging from the identical 2017 model year, the 2018 Honda CR-V is likely to have at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.
Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.
CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada.
CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.
2018 Honda CR-V Electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Audio Panel Erratic3
- Acc, Brake System Error2
- Door Locking System Faulty2
- Warning Beeps2
- Apple Carplay Keeps Disconnecting1
- Bluetooth Hands-Free Background Noise1
- Cruise Control Not Working Properly1
- Defective Lane Warning System1
- Odometer Stopped Working1
- Push Start Not Working1
- Rodents Chewed Soy Wires1
- Speed Display, Fuel Display, A/C Not Working1
- Unable To Update Software1
- Windows Opening On Their Own1
- NHTSA: Electrical System72
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Software3
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Alternator/Generator/Regulator1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda CR-V Model Years
Curious how the 2018 CR-V compares to other years?
Check out our Honda CR-V overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the CR-V.