- December 6: About 1.4 Million Takata Non-Azide Driver Inflators Recalled recalls | 1 days ago
- November 12: Honda Recalls Passports and Pilots For Missing Welds recalls | 25 days ago
- November 4: Honda CR-V Infotainment Lawsuit Says Display Screens Malfunction news | 33 days ago
- November 3: Honda CR-V Windshield Crack Leads To Lawsuit news | 34 days ago
- October 9: Recall: 2019 Honda CR-V Owner's Manual Has Wrong Info recalls | 59 days ago
2018 Honda CR-V
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends. Judging from the identical 2017 model year, the 2018 Honda CR-V is likely to have at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.
Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.
CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada.
CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.
2018 Honda CR-V Electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Audio Panel Erratic3
- Acc, Brake System Error2
- Door Locking System Faulty2
- Warning Beeps2
- Apple Carplay Keeps Disconnecting1
- Bluetooth Hands-Free Background Noise1
- Cruise Control Not Working Properly1
- Defective Lane Warning System1
- Odometer Stopped Working1
- Push Start Not Working1
- Rodents Chewed Soy Wires1
- Speed Display, Fuel Display, A/C Not Working1
- Unable To Update Software1
- Windows Opening On Their Own1
- NHTSA: Electrical System66
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Software3
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Alternator/Generator/Regulator1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda CR-V Model Years
Curious how the 2018 CR-V compares to other years?
Check out our Honda CR-V overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the CR-V.