2018 Honda CR-V electrical problems: battery drain

Battery Drain

2018 Honda CR-V

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends. Judging from the identical 2017 model year, the 2018 Honda CR-V is likely to have at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.

Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.

CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada.

CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.

8.7

2. new battery (1 reports)
2018 Honda CR-V electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Honda CR-V:

2018 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

May 012019

CR-V EX 2WD 1.5L

I cruise frequently and many cruises exceed 2 weeks. When I return home to my car I can pretty much expect a dead battery.

- Mc K., Port Charlotte, FL, US

Jun 292020

CR-V LX 4 cyl Turbo

We were on vacation and ready to go home. Went to start car and total dead battery. Able to recharge but all the lights on dashboard came on. Reviewed reports from others with same problem and lights cleared after driving few miles. Battery again went dead overnight. Recharged and able to get to Honda dealer in Marquette, MI (thankfully) and they quickly took care of battery replacement. After reading reports on battery problems, this seems to be a consistent problem with Honda! Wish I had known before purchasing. Grateful we were a few miles from a Honda dealer!!

This car has had other electrical issues such as braking for no reason, all windows and sunroof opened without touching anything. Dropped phone connection.

Have these problems been fixed or do I need to keep a look out for re occurrence?

- Debra R., Ottawa Lake, MI, US

Oct 012018

CR-V Touring V6

Since we bought the car in 4/18, the battery has drained and we have had to replace it with a new one 6 times already. This is absolutely ridiculous, when the car has less than 5,000 miles on it and we have to replace the battery constantly.

This issue NEEDS to be fixed. I am sick and tired of going out to my car and having to change my plans because of a dead battery on a new car less than 2 years old.

The mechanics at my local Honda dealership say they know it is a problem; however, there is nothing they can do about it except keep replacing our battery.

That is RIDICULOUS.