2018 Honda CR-V electrical problems: acc, brake system error

Acc, Brake System Error

2018 Honda CR-V

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends. Judging from the identical 2017 model year, the 2018 Honda CR-V is likely to have at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.

Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.

CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada.

CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.

2018 Honda CR-V electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Honda CR-V:

2018 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Nov 302018

CR-V EXL Turbo

I went in to Honda to trade my 2016 CRV touring for the 2019 EX-L. I liked the larger footprint of the car, and many features were added as standard, so I did not need to get the touring model. I went in on the last day of the month as the manager had insisted he could offer a great deal on the trade. Once I was in the showroom the salesman and the manager pushed the 2018 stating there were no difference in style or features in the 2018 and 2019. Every time I mentioned the 2019, they both hit me with what a great deal the 2018 was and pulled one around for me to drive.

Long and short of it I went against my better instinct and purchased the 2018. Once I drove it for a day or two I immediately had warnings in the dash along with an audible beep for the Adaptive Cruise Control, and brake system. The car beeps all the time and the only reason I have not been to the dealer yet is that they refuse to look at this car on a Saturday, as I work M-F.

I had asked immediately to trade it for the 2019 which is not reported to have these sensing problems but now, the car that he insisted had so many improvements is not worth as much as the 2016. His suggestion to help is to offer a loaner, they refuse to trade my car for the 2019 at minimal cost. Honda returned 280K of these cars in China. They are aware of it, and I think they wanted rid of the 2018's as fast as possible. Now I am dealing with a repair and from the internet reports, will continue to have issues.

Update from Mar 19, 2019: A new camera was installed and the car has had no further issues. However, the 2018's have an additional problem of gas mixing with the oil in the engine. Honda has recalled this car in the northern states as this problem can affect starting the car in cold weather with some of the cars just stalling out on the highway. The only way to know if your car has this problem is to go to the dealer and the vin# will identify if your car has the problem. Ultimately, this will cause wear and tear issues on the engine. The dealership where I purchased the car offers a 10 year of million mile warranty, however I am not sure what other issues this defect may cause that I would be liable for paying. On my first oil change I am going to have them check my car for this issue. I am hoping it is not one of the cars affected.

- rmoonglowac, Fletcher, US