- August 5: Honda Recalls Odyssey, Passport and Pilot Vehicles recalls | 3 days ago
- August 5: Honda Odyssey Recall: Rearview Camera Failures recalls | 3 days ago
- August 5: Honda Recalls Odysseys With Power Sliding Doors recalls | 3 days ago
- August 4: Honda Recalls 500,000 Vehicles For Backup Camera Problems recalls | 4 days ago
- August 3: DENSO Canada Lawsuit Filed Over Fuel Pumps news | 5 days ago
Fuel In Oil With Overfilled Oil Level, Gas Smell In Cabin
2018 Honda CR-V (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends. Judging from the identical 2017 model year, the 2018 Honda CR-V is likely to have at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.
Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.
CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada.
CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 4,950 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 55 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (48 reports)
- campaign n61 software update (4 reports)
- going from bad to worse! (2 reports)
- no (1 reports)