- December 4: Honda Recalls Civic Hatchback and Civic Type R Cars recalls | 5 days ago
- November 20: Honda Odyssey Power Sliding Door Problems Cause Recall recalls | 19 days ago
- November 16: Honda Recalls HR-V, Odyssey and Acura MDX For Brake Problems recalls | 23 days ago
- November 4: Honda Civic CVT Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 35 days ago
- October 31: Honda CR-V Oil Dilution Fix on the Way news | 39 days ago
Fuel In Oil With Overfilled Oil Level, Gas Smell In Cabin
2018 Honda CR-V (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends. Judging from the identical 2017 model year, the 2018 Honda CR-V is likely to have at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.
Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.
CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada.
CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 3,300 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 26 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (25 reports)
- campaign n61 software update (1 reports)