- August 17: ZF TRW Airbag Lawsuit Includes Multiple Automakers news | 0 days ago
- August 8: Model Year 2019 Honda CR-Vs Recalled For Fire Risk recalls | 9 days ago
- June 28: Takata Airbags Cause Recall of 1.6 Million Acura/Honda Vehicles recalls | 50 days ago
- June 23: Honda Infotainment Lawsuit Says Systems Crash and Freeze news | 55 days ago
- May 29: Honda Clarity Fuel Cell Recall Issued For Water Pumps recalls | 80 days ago
2018 Honda CR-V
Fuel System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends. Judging from the identical 2017 model year, the 2018 Honda CR-V is likely to have at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.
Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.
CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada.
CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.
2018 Honda CR-V Fuel System Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda CR-V Model Years
Curious how the 2018 CR-V compares to other years?
Check out our Honda CR-V overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the CR-V.