- June 28: Takata Airbags Cause Recall of 1.6 Million Acura/Honda Vehicles recalls | 18 days ago
- June 23: Honda Infotainment Lawsuit Says Systems Crash and Freeze news | 23 days ago
- May 29: Honda Clarity Fuel Cell Recall Issued For Water Pumps recalls | 48 days ago
- May 29: Acura and Honda Vehicles Recalled Again Over Takata Airbags recalls | 48 days ago
- May 28: Honda Civic and CR-V Oil Dilution Warranties Extended news | 49 days ago
Fuel In Oil
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends. Judging from the identical 2017 model year, the 2018 Honda CR-V is likely to have at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.
Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.
CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada.
CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 3,350 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 9 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (8 reports)
- honda says won't fix the problem(s) (1 reports)
fuel system problem