CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends. Judging from the identical 2017 model year, the 2018 Honda CR-V is likely to have at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.

Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.

CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada.

CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.

9.6

2018 Honda CR-V fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Honda CR-V:

2018 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Feb 282018

CR-V

Gasoline leaking into the engine lubrication oil reducing the engine lubrication ability.

- Chapel Hill, NC, USA

Dec 052018

CR-V

With all the buzz on internet and also C.R.about gas mixing with oil, I bought a 2018 CRV with the 1.5 turbo engine, I checked my oil it was passed the full mark and smelled of gas.I took the oil cap off it also had a smell of gas.so most of us know this is not a good thing, long story short received a letter in the mail advising to set a appointment for a "fix" I hope this works here in Ohio.my appointment is for 1-7-2019, although sounds like a it doesn't work from comments people have made after they took their cars in. Please help!

- Hamilton, OH, USA

Sep 192018

CR-V

I have the 2018 touring 1.5L turbo charged model. I am experiencing the fuel in oil issue and Honda says Nevada is not included in the update. I purchased this car brand new and want it fixed. I drive in a very cold climate on short trips, which is when they say the issue is occurring in this models.

- Reno, NV, USA

Jun 202018

CR-V

Gas is getting into the oil and the engine does not heat up until many miles of driving in 40 degree temperatures, dip stick is showing over full all the time and still no fix

- West Lafayette, IN, USA