- February 6: Acura and Honda Seat Weight Sensor Recall Affects 817,000 Vehicles recalls | 14 days ago
- January 29: Honda Civic Sticky Steering Lawsuits Consolidated news | 22 days ago
- January 28: Motion to Dismiss Honda HR-V Shattered Back Window Lawsuit news | 23 days ago
- January 26: 2023 Honda HR-V Rear Windows Shattering news | 25 days ago
- January 2: Investigation Closed Into Airbag Recalls Issued by 5 Automakers investigations | 49 days ago
2018 Honda CR-V
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends. Judging from the identical 2017 model year, the 2018 Honda CR-V is likely to have at least two â€” overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.
Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.
CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada.
CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes â€” not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.
2018 Honda CR-V Miscellaneous Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda CR-V Model Years
Curious how the 2018 CR-V compares to other years?
Check out our Honda CR-V overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the CR-V.