- November 27: Honda Recalls Accord, CR-V, Insight and Ridgeline recalls | 1 days ago
- November 23: Honda Sunroof Shattered, Class Action Lawsuit Filed news | 5 days ago
- November 15: Acura RDX Infotainment Lawsuit Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 13 days ago
- October 10: Honda Civic AC Not Working, Alleges Car Owners news | 49 days ago
- October 6: 2022 Honda Odyssey Minivans Recalled To Check Tires recalls | 53 days ago
2018 Honda CR-V
Wheels / Hubs Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends. Judging from the identical 2017 model year, the 2018 Honda CR-V is likely to have at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.
Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.
CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada.
CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.
2018 Honda CR-V Wheels / Hubs Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Premature Tire Wear5
- TPMS Warning Light2
- NHTSA: Wheels10
- NHTSA: Tires: Pressure Monitoring And Regulating Systems2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda CR-V Model Years
Curious how the 2018 CR-V compares to other years?
Check out our Honda CR-V overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the CR-V.