- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 21 days ago
- June 4: Malaysia To Punish Owners Who Ignore Takata Airbag Recalls news | 42 days ago
- June 4: Honda Wiring Lawsuit Over Rodent Damage Dismissed news | 42 days ago
- June 2: Two Takata Airbags Explode in Same Crash, Driver Killed news | 44 days ago
- May 30: Isuzu Rodeo, Axiom and Honda Passport Gas Tanks Detaching investigations | 47 days ago
2001 Honda Civic
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2001 Civic has transmission problems, transmission problems & more transmission problems. Did we mention transmission problems? And a dangerous defect with the front airbag that didn't get recalled for 10 years.
Although eventually the defective 2001 Civic airbag inflators were fixed under recalls in 2011 & 2013, that meant for 10 to 12 years airbags were activating with excessive force where metal fragments went shooting into passengers when the airbag deployed.
As for the 2001 Civic's transmission woes? Honda conducted a major transmission recall in 2004 & settled a class action lawsuit for defective transmissions in 2006. But, neither the recall or the lawsuit included the 2001 Civic.
Last thing to consider - the 2001 Civic is the most-recalled car ever, closely followed by the 2002 Civic & the 2001 Accord. The 2001 Civic is the 4th most-recalled vehicle overall, only a Ford truck & two Ford vans have more.
2001 Honda Civic Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Exhaust Manifold Cracked40
- Engine Failure12
- Idles Roughly & Stalls9
- Engine Light On7
- ECM (Engine Control Module) Failed5
- Burns Oil4
- Rough Accelerating3
- Sudden Unintended Acceleration3
- Camshaft Position Sensor Failed2
- Cracked Manifold2
- Cracked Passenger Side Motor Mount2
- Cylinder Head Of Camshaft Eroded2
- Air Filter Part Stuck In Engine Head, Accelerator Stuck1
- Cylinders Went Out1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control23
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling20
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine19
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline17
- NHTSA: Engine13
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Civic Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Civic compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Civic overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Civic.