- October 22: Honda Pays $5 Million Over Takata Airbags news | 34 days ago
- October 4: Honda Fuel Pump Recall Failed, Lawsuit Alleges news | 52 days ago
- October 3: Mesa, Arizona: Honda Civic Driver Killed by Takata Airbag news | 53 days ago
- September 26: Honda Ridgeline Bed Cover Recall Issued recalls | 60 days ago
- September 8: Honda Odyssey Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 78 days ago
Honda Recall : Honda/Air Cleaner
2001 Honda Civic
If the plastic piece lodges in the throttle body, the throttle could stick in a partially open position. Although the driver can always stop the car by applying additional brake force, or by taking other actions (I.e., shift into neutral, turn off the ignition key, etc.), if the car continues to maintain speed when the driver is expecting it to slow, a crash could occur.
Engine And Engine Cooling — Engine
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. During the assembly process, the air cleaner box cover may have been damaged, and a broken plastic piece could travel into the intake chamber.
- Dealers will inspect the air cleaner box for damage. If damage is found, the dealer will locate and remove the broken plastic piece, and replace the air cleaner box lid. Owner notification began on October 25, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Honda at 1-800-999-1009.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.