2011 Honda Pilot suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda Pilot:

2011 Honda Pilot Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Dec 102010

Pilot 6-cyl

The car at 50 mph would loose control when you go over a bump on the road and if the surface of the highway is irregular it slide sideway and bounces up and down we took it in a few times to the Honda service and was told that everything was ok one time they told me it was the pressure of the tires and another time I needed new brakes so here I am with a car that is very scary to drive I am going to try again tomorrow to bring it in to the Honda service and hopefully they will fix it.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Aug 062012

Pilot 6-cyl

Noticed a vibration in the gas pedal while driving at any speed. Feel every like bump in the roads. Also when slowing to a stop and turning or backing out of a parking spot, I feel/hear a hard vibration on brake. Took to dealer, they stated warped rotors...to new to happen. Got full brake job at $340. Drove off, issue still present. At this visit tires were rotated and balance too. Next day also noticed all 4 rims were damaged from the tool that removed my tires. Told supervisor everything I learned about other Pilot owners and this possible defeat of rotors. They still have my truck (4 days so far) trying to identify issue. They do agree there is an issue. They are going to do road force balancing next. I will fight for a refund of this brake job and will continue to pursue until I am satisfied.

- Mount Washington , KY, USA

Aug 042012

Pilot 6-cyl

Uneven worn out rear right tire caused by suspension rod bending due to an accident related as claimed by Honda automobile. The video of the bend I have do showed otherwise, suspension rod do not appear as any impact related, it appeared as manufacturer's defect which Honda is avoiding to take the responsibility. I told them that I have not had any accident with the car. And which type of impact will cause such a suspension rod to bend without affecting other surrounding fragile components. Also why is the impact very isolative, neat and appeared corroded.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jun 092012

Pilot 6-cyl

Noticed the cars steering wheel shakes when brake is applied at approximately 65-70 miles per hour which is very scary. Brought the car to the dealership and was told the rotors need to be re-surface. I ask why because it's a brand new car with very low mileage and response was it could be the problem. Brought the car home 6/9/12 afternoon. Drove it the next day and steering wheel shaking still present. I research the web and found out, lots of Honda Pilot owner are having the same problems and that the remedy for it was replacing 1. power steering pump 2. power steering rack. Finding were presence of metal fillings from the power steering pump that's coming from the power steering rack itself and result was no more vibrations in the steering column...Honda need to recall this existing problem for safety purposes before someone gets hurt...

- Fairfield, CA, USA

Dec 062011

Pilot 6-cyl

I make reference to 2011 Honda Pilot recall from NHTSA: 10V640000 of 12/16/2010. Since I bought a similar vehicle on 12/11/2010, I would like to find out if my car is included in this recall. I wrote to the manufacturer address in California several weeks ago requesting information about this matter and as of this date, I have not received an answer. The consumer stated he was told it would take three weeks for the vehicle to be repaired more than 60 days has passed, regarding the air bag issue. Updated 10/27/16.

- Bayamon, PR, USA