- March 24: Hyundai Recalls Sonata Plug-In Hybrids For Power Loss recalls | 26 days ago
- March 17: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Failures Kill 4, Injure 6 investigations | 33 days ago
- March 8: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas to Fix Non-Deploying Airbags recalls | 42 days ago
- February 24: Hyundai Santa Fe Steering Wheels Can Fall Off: Recall recalls | 54 days ago
- February 19: Hyundai/Kia Engine Lawsuit Says Theta II Engines Defective news | 59 days ago
Hyundai Recall : Hyundai/FMVSS 201/Occupant Protection
2002 Hyundai Accent
An occupant's head that contacts the A-pillar during a crash could experience an increased risk of a head injury as a result of this condition.
Structure — Frame And Members
- Certain passenger vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 201, "occupant protection in interior impact." During testing, the 3-door hatchback exceeded the performance criterion in the standard midway along the length of the windshield support pillar (A-pillar).
- Dealers will install new energy management brackets to support the A-pillar covers and increase the energy absorbing performance of the A-pillar in the relevant area. Owner notification began October 28, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Hyundai at 1-800-633-5151.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.