- February 3: Hyundai Elantra Class Action Lawsuit Targets Pistons news | 14 days ago
- February 1: Hyundai Sunroof Class Action Settlement Proposed news | 16 days ago
- January 22: Study Says Hyundai and Kia Vehicles Suffer More Fires news | 26 days ago
- January 17: Hyundai Engine Warranty Extension For Sonata, Santa Fe Sport news | 31 days ago
- January 17: Hyundai Engine Replacement Recalls May Have Failed recalls | 31 days ago
Hyundai Recall 131: Brake Light Switch May Not Function
2010 Hyundai Accent
Failure to illuminate the brake lights during braking or the inability to disengage the cruise control could increase the risk of a crash.
Exterior Lighting — Brake Lights — Switch
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain model year 2009-2011 Hyundai Accent vehicles manufactured March 1, 2009, to February 11, 2011. In the affected vehicles, the brake light switch may malfunction. A malfunctioning brake light switch may cause the brake lights to not illuminate when the brake pedal is depressed or may cause an inability to deactivate the cruise control by depressing the brake pedal. Additionally, a malfunctioning brake light switch may also prevent the shifter from being moved out of the PARK position.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will replace the brake switch, free of charge. The recall began on October 21, 2015. Owners may contact Hyundai's customer service at 1-855-671-3059 or by visiting www.HyundaiUSA.com/Campaign131. Hyundai's number for this recall is 131. This recall is an expansion of 13V-113.
- Documents (11)
- Defect 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Subject: Recall Campaign 131: 2009-2011 Accent Stop Lamp Switch
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - NUMBER 15-01-033 DATE SEPT 2015
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-4
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
Click a tab for more information.