- July 20: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Lawsuit Says Airbag Control Units Fail news | 1 days ago
- June 20: Hyundai and Kia Fire Lawsuit Affects Millions of Vehicles news | 31 days ago
- May 23: Hyundai Velosters Recalled For Driver's Side Door Problems recalls | 59 days ago
- April 30: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Failures Cause Lawsuit news | 82 days ago
- April 23: Investigation: 12.3 Million Vehicles For Airbag Failures investigations | 89 days ago
Hyundai Recall 129: Air Bag May Deploy When Child Restraint Is In Seat
2015 Hyundai Accent
If the ODS fails to detect that the seat is occupied by a child restraint seat, the front air bag will not be deactivated and, in the event of a crash necessitating front air bag deployment, the air bag deployment could cause increased risk of injury to the occupant in the child restraint seat.
Air Bags — Frontal
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain model year 2015 Accent vehicles manufactured September 15, 2014, to February 10, 2015. In very cold temperatures, the occupant detection system (ODS) may not be able to determine if a child restraint seat is in the front passenger seat.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will correct ODS software, free of charge. The recall began on June 4, 2015. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-671-3059. Hyundai's number for this recall is 129.
- Documents (9)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - MAY 2015
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-3
Click a tab for more information.