- August 28: Hyundai and Kia Fires Occuring Without Collisions investigations | 21 days ago
- August 17: Genesis G80 Recalled For Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 32 days ago
- July 29: Hyundai Elantra Engine Ticking Noise From Pistons: Lawsuit news | 51 days ago
- July 28: Hyundai Santa Fe Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 52 days ago
- July 2: Hyundai and Kia Theta II Engine Fires Under Investigation investigations | 78 days ago
Hyundai Recall 129: Air Bag May Deploy When Child Restraint Is In Seat
2015 Hyundai Accent
If the ODS fails to detect that the seat is occupied by a child restraint seat, the front air bag will not be deactivated and, in the event of a crash necessitating front air bag deployment, the air bag deployment could cause increased risk of injury to the occupant in the child restraint seat.
Air Bags — Frontal
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain model year 2015 Accent vehicles manufactured September 15, 2014, to February 10, 2015. In very cold temperatures, the occupant detection system (ODS) may not be able to determine if a child restraint seat is in the front passenger seat.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will correct ODS software, free of charge. The recall began on June 4, 2015. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-671-3059. Hyundai's number for this recall is 129.
- Documents (9)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - MAY 2015
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-3
Click a tab for more information.