- October 18: Hyundai and Kia Car Fires Get the Attention of Congress news | 6 days ago
- October 14: Hyundai Kia Fire Recall Needed, Says Safety Group news | 10 days ago
- August 28: Hyundai and Kia Fires Occuring Without Collisions investigations | 57 days ago
- August 17: Genesis G80 Recalled For Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 68 days ago
- July 29: Hyundai Elantra Engine Ticking Noise From Pistons: Lawsuit news | 87 days ago
Hyundai Recall 073: Occupant Classification System
2005 Hyundai Elantra
The possibility of misclassification of a crs as an adult may allow the right front airbag or side impact airbag to deploy in a crash and could result in injury to the right front occupant.
- Certain vehicles equipped with an advanced air bag system. The occupant classification system (OCS) installed in the right front seat of the vehicle may misclassify a child restraint seat (crs) as an adult. This may occur if the crs is installed after an adult has been seated in the right front seat. If there has not been a 'key on' ' key off' cycle with the right front passenger seat empty prior to installation of the crs.
- Dealers will reprogram the vehicle's OCS electronic control unit (ECU) to remove the feature that may cause the crs to be recognized as an adult. The recall began on November 15, 2005. Owners may contact Hyundai of puerto rico at 1-800-981-0188.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.