- July 2: Hyundai and Kia Theta II Engine Fires Under Investigation investigations | 19 days ago
- June 12: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Should Be Investigated investigations | 39 days ago
- June 8: Kia Recalls 507,000 Fortes, Optimas and Sedonas recalls | 43 days ago
- May 31: Genesis G80 and G90 Cars Could Lose Windshields and Windows recalls | 51 days ago
- May 10: Hyundai Recalls Ioniq Hybrids To Repair Oil Seals recalls | 72 days ago
Hyundai Recall 073: Occupant Classification System
2005 Hyundai Elantra
The possibility of misclassification of a crs as an adult may allow the right front airbag or side impact airbag to deploy in a crash and could result in injury to the right front occupant.
- Certain vehicles equipped with an advanced air bag system. The occupant classification system (OCS) installed in the right front seat of the vehicle may misclassify a child restraint seat (crs) as an adult. This may occur if the crs is installed after an adult has been seated in the right front seat. If there has not been a 'key on' ' key off' cycle with the right front passenger seat empty prior to installation of the crs.
- Dealers will reprogram the vehicle's OCS electronic control unit (ECU) to remove the feature that may cause the crs to be recognized as an adult. The recall began on November 15, 2005. Owners may contact Hyundai of puerto rico at 1-800-981-0188.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.