ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2008 Hyundai Elantra body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Hyundai Elantra:

2008 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Nov 272017

Elantra

Takata recall. Driver lost control of the car and over corrected and hit a tree which pushed her into another tree. The front end of the car was wrecked and the air bags did not deploy. We were never contacted about the recall on the car so we had no knowledge that the air bags were defective.

- Holly Springs, NC, USA

Nov 012017

Elantra

Recall for undercoating done Jan. 2016 (TT1). On 11/1/17, while driving on a town road, the rear right trailing arm fell off causing the car to swerve abruptly off the road due to extreme rust on the sub frame. This also happened with my 2002 Santa Fe and was covered under the salt belt corrosion class action settlement. Hyundai is aware there is still a problem, but the undercoating recall does not work and this is still a safety hazard. My car was towed to a repair facility on Nov. 1, and I am still waiting to hear back from Hyundai as to my next steps to get this repaired.

- Litchfield, CT, USA