- February 3: Hyundai Elantra Class Action Lawsuit Targets Pistons news | 12 days ago
- February 1: Hyundai Sunroof Class Action Settlement Proposed news | 14 days ago
- January 22: Study Says Hyundai and Kia Vehicles Suffer More Fires news | 24 days ago
- January 17: Hyundai Engine Warranty Extension For Sonata, Santa Fe Sport news | 29 days ago
- January 17: Hyundai Engine Replacement Recalls May Have Failed recalls | 29 days ago
2013 Hyundai Elantra
AC / Heater Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: We're not used to seeing any major problems with Hyundai, which makes the early signs of trouble with the 2013 Elantra very surprising, in a bad way.
Early trends show problems with the steering wandering / pulling to one side along with premature tire wear. Elantra owners have tried sensor adjustments, wheel alignments, even replacing axles, most with no luck. Hyundai has made vehicle buybacks through arbitration, but that rarely works out well financially for owners in the end.
Also there is a pattern of complaints about the 2013 Elantra brakes grinding at very low mileage. It seems there was a bad batch of OEM pads & rotors, but so far Hyundai is not doing a recall. Instead Hyundai issued a TSB & dealers have been replacing pads & rotors on a per-complaint basis.
The final straw is that for several years in a row, Elantra owners report significantly lower gas mileage than the EPA estimates, & there's a small trend of engine problems.
2013 Hyundai Elantra AC / Heater Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Elantra Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Elantra compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Elantra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Elantra.