- February 19: Hyundai/Kia Engine Lawsuit Says Theta II Engines Defective news | 2 days ago
- January 24: Hyundai Recalls Azera and Sonata For Fire Dangers recalls | 28 days ago
- January 24: Appeals Court Overturns $395 Million Hyundai/Kia Settlements news | 28 days ago
- January 7: Hyundai Engine Lawsuit Names Sonata, Tucson and Santa Fe news | 45 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 55 days ago
2013 Hyundai Elantra
Accessories - Interior Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: We're not used to seeing any major problems with Hyundai, which makes the early signs of trouble with the 2013 Elantra very surprising, in a bad way.
Early trends show problems with the steering wandering / pulling to one side along with premature tire wear. Elantra owners have tried sensor adjustments, wheel alignments, even replacing axles, most with no luck. Hyundai has made vehicle buybacks through arbitration, but that rarely works out well financially for owners in the end.
Also there is a pattern of complaints about the 2013 Elantra brakes grinding at very low mileage. It seems there was a bad batch of OEM pads & rotors, but so far Hyundai is not doing a recall. Instead Hyundai issued a TSB & dealers have been replacing pads & rotors on a per-complaint basis.
The final straw is that for several years in a row, Elantra owners report significantly lower gas mileage than the EPA estimates, & there's a small trend of engine problems.
Worst 2013 Elantra Accessories - Interior Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- radio stops working8
- dash illumination too bright2
- gear shifter stuck in park2
- backup camera stopped working1
- bluetooth connectivity not working properly1
- cannot put rear headrest back in slots1
- clock display too small1
- connective controls on mirror prone to accidental activation1
- cruise control light on1
- driver door automatically locks when engine is shutdown1
- eco indicator red1
- glove box constantly opens1
- heated seats stop working1
- leather interior coming apart1
- no child locks1
- pull down mirror broken1
- radio, bluetooth, & gps sound stopped working1
- would not go into park1
- NHTSA: Equipment Adaptive1
- NHTSA: Equipment: Mechanical: Jacks1
- NHTSA: Seats1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Elantra Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Elantra compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Elantra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Elantra.