- August 17: Genesis G80 Recalled For Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 3 days ago
- July 29: Hyundai Elantra Engine Ticking Noise From Pistons: Lawsuit news | 22 days ago
- July 28: Hyundai Santa Fe Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 23 days ago
- July 2: Hyundai and Kia Theta II Engine Fires Under Investigation investigations | 49 days ago
- June 12: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Should Be Investigated investigations | 69 days ago
Clicking Noise From Engine After Turning Car Off
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: We're not used to seeing any major problems with Hyundai, which makes the early signs of trouble with the 2013 Elantra very surprising, in a bad way.
Early trends show problems with the steering wandering / pulling to one side along with premature tire wear. Elantra owners have tried sensor adjustments, wheel alignments, even replacing axles, most with no luck. Hyundai has made vehicle buybacks through arbitration, but that rarely works out well financially for owners in the end.
Also there is a pattern of complaints about the 2013 Elantra brakes grinding at very low mileage. It seems there was a bad batch of OEM pads & rotors, but so far Hyundai is not doing a recall. Instead Hyundai issued a TSB & dealers have been replacing pads & rotors on a per-complaint basis.
The final straw is that for several years in a row, Elantra owners report significantly lower gas mileage than the EPA estimates, & there's a small trend of engine problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 26,850 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)
- replace engine block (1 reports)