- October 19: Hyundai Smart Trunk Lawsuit Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 0 days ago
- October 18: Hyundai Kia Settlement Reached In Car Fires Lawsuit news | 1 days ago
- September 17: Hyundai Elantra Engine Lawsuit Dismissed news | 32 days ago
- August 27: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Cause 11 Class Action Lawsuits news | 53 days ago
- August 17: ZF TRW Airbag Lawsuit Includes Multiple Automakers news | 63 days ago
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: We're not used to seeing any major problems with Hyundai, which makes the early signs of trouble with the 2013 Elantra very surprising, in a bad way.
Early trends show problems with the steering wandering / pulling to one side along with premature tire wear. Elantra owners have tried sensor adjustments, wheel alignments, even replacing axles, most with no luck. Hyundai has made vehicle buybacks through arbitration, but that rarely works out well financially for owners in the end.
Also there is a pattern of complaints about the 2013 Elantra brakes grinding at very low mileage. It seems there was a bad batch of OEM pads & rotors, but so far Hyundai is not doing a recall. Instead Hyundai issued a TSB & dealers have been replacing pads & rotors on a per-complaint basis.
The final straw is that for several years in a row, Elantra owners report significantly lower gas mileage than the EPA estimates, & there's a small trend of engine problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 23,400 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 8 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (8 reports)