- January 21: Hyundai Windshield Recall Includes Santa Fe, Sonata, Elantra recalls | 2 days ago
- January 20: 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe HEV and Santa Fe PHEV Recalled recalls | 3 days ago
- December 28: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fire Investigation Upgraded investigations | 26 days ago
- December 17: Hyundai Ioniq Unintended Acceleration Causes Recall recalls | 37 days ago
- December 11: Hyundai Accent and Kia Rio Recalled For Master Cylinders recalls | 43 days ago
Sunroof Shattered While Driving
CarComplaints.com Notes: We're not used to seeing any major problems with Hyundai, which makes the early signs of trouble with the 2013 Elantra very surprising, in a bad way.
Early trends show problems with the steering wandering / pulling to one side along with premature tire wear. Elantra owners have tried sensor adjustments, wheel alignments, even replacing axles, most with no luck. Hyundai has made vehicle buybacks through arbitration, but that rarely works out well financially for owners in the end.
Also there is a pattern of complaints about the 2013 Elantra brakes grinding at very low mileage. It seems there was a bad batch of OEM pads & rotors, but so far Hyundai is not doing a recall. Instead Hyundai issued a TSB & dealers have been replacing pads & rotors on a per-complaint basis.
The final straw is that for several years in a row, Elantra owners report significantly lower gas mileage than the EPA estimates, & there's a small trend of engine problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 24,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)
- sunroof being repaired within 24 hours! (1 reports)
windows / windshield problem