- March 24: Hyundai Recalls Sonata Plug-In Hybrids For Power Loss recalls | 31 days ago
- March 17: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Failures Kill 4, Injure 6 investigations | 38 days ago
- March 8: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas to Fix Non-Deploying Airbags recalls | 47 days ago
- February 24: Hyundai Santa Fe Steering Wheels Can Fall Off: Recall recalls | 59 days ago
- February 19: Hyundai/Kia Engine Lawsuit Says Theta II Engines Defective news | 64 days ago
Hyundai Recall 170: Brake Pedal Stopper May Deteriorate
2014 Hyundai Elantra
If the brake light switch plunger does not retract as it should when the brake pedal is not being pressed, the brake lights may stay illuminated preventing accurate communication to following vehicles that the vehicle is slowing or stopping. Additionally, if the brake switch plunger is not retracted, then the transmission can be shifted out of PARK without depressing the brake pedal. Either condition increases the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Pedals And Linkages
- Hyundai Motor Company (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2013-2014 Elantra sedan, coupe and GT vehicles. The brake pedal stopper pad can deteriorate allowing the brake light switch plunger to remain extended when the brake pedal is released. This will allow the brake lights to remain illuminated continuously. It can also allow the shift lever to be moved without depressing the brake pedal, or activate the engine management brake pedal override feature.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will replace the brake pedal stopper pad, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin February 8, 2018. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-800-633-5151. Hyundai's number for this recall is 170. This campaign expands recall 16V574.
- Documents (8)
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 2
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- December 13, 2017 - Recall 170: 2013-2014 Elantra Stop Lamp Switch Stopper Pad (Remedy Not Yet Available)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- January 10, 2018 - Recall 170: 2013-2014 Elantra Stop Lamp Switch Stopper Pad (TSB #18-01-005)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Click a tab for more information.