2017 Hyundai Elantra engine problems: lost power while driving

Lost Power While Driving

2017 Hyundai Elantra

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.

8.5

2. replace coil pack (1 reports)
2017 Hyundai Elantra engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Hyundai Elantra:

2017 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Apr 222019

Elantra SE 2.0L

WHILE DRIVING AROUND LAS VEGAS, SEEMS LIKE THE CAR LOSES POWER AND YOU REALLY HAVE TO ACCELERATE TO GET IT TO MOVE,,,,, LIKE IT WANTS TO STOP

- Saundra M., Las Vegas, US

May 242018

Elantra Se Limited 1.8L L4 Dohc 16v

Several months dealing with dealership with check engine light coming on and losing power, nearly choking out, they were finally able to get code to read on the computer...REALLY? PO30. This now October 9, 2018 and they are going to replace the coil pack. Just wondering if this will fix the problem? I am also dealing with the paint chipping and peeling off my hood. 2 years old? REALLY? My 2003 Buick with 180,000 miles was running better and more dependable than this. What a headache. I had to cancel vacation because it wasn't dependable enough. I have a beef with the entire car. Never again!!

- Cheryl R., Parkersburg, Wv, US

Apr 022018

Elantra ES 1.4L V4

So driving home from work one night in New Jersey, I was just pulling out of a gas station after stopping in for my night coffee. I was trying to pull out of parking lot. There was a car in front of me. He started to move forward, so I took my foot off the brake and when I went to give gas nothing all gauge lights went on and engine turned off. I had to put car in park to restart it. Then I went down the block and at the next traffic light I was stopping at, the engine stalled again. This was all on April 2. Nothing in between, until today. I go out for lunch and coming around a jug handle in New Jersey, car engine stalled again. This time because I was still moving, I was able to put car in neutral and restart. I made it back to work safely. Now I will have to be extra cautious when driving because I'm not sure when it will stall next.

- aalborano, Old Bridge, US

May 212017

Elantra

I was driving to work on a Sunday morning, and had stopped at a stop light. The light changed to green and I pushed the gas pedal, and the car stalled. The RPM's on the meter were revving up, and the car would only go about 10 MPH. It was as if the car were in neutral. I checked to make sure the car was still in drive, and it was. Luckily there weren't many other cars on the road, so I crawled along until I found a place to pull over. At that point I turned the engine off, restarted it, and it worked fine the rest of the way into work. This has me freaking out. This is a brand new car. I am driving my old car until I can get this Elantra in the shop.

Update from May 26, 2017: I took the car to the dealer. They drove it around and ran diagnostic tests, which came up empty. They could not duplicate the issue. So they said it may have been a problem with the gas I was using. While this hasn't happened with any other car I have owned, I have no choice but to continue driving the car and to be very careful, expecting it to stall.

- Pamela V., Perkinston, MS, US