1. replace windshield (1 reports)
2018 Hyundai Elantra windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Hyundai Elantra:

2018 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Aug 222018

Elantra Sport 2L

It's so hot here in Virginia that I don't get out much but I went to run a few errands and found a large, long crack in my windshield. The last time I had driven it was 3 days prior; nothing hit the windshield and the car is parked in a garage 97% of the time. This is virtually a brand new car with under 4k miles. I've never heard of this ever happening to anyone so thought I'd post it here. I searched my memory and I know: nothing hit the windshield, I didn't drive over any potholes or rough terrain, didn't drive under any bridges or park under any trees, there were no storms of any kind and I parked it mid-afternoon at a library, a grocery store, and a post office. Has been in my garage ever since.

Also there is a thin, black foam trim coming loose from the base of the window. The crack starts at the top where the window and roof meet and travels down about 10 inches and then continues towards the middle of the window. There is no sign of impact, point of contact or any star-shaped marks in the glass. No chip mark.

Just another thing to deal with right? Anybody have similar experience or advice???? Thanks

- miafortune, Midlothian, US