CarComplaints.com Notes: There's no way around it, the Cherokee's transmission is junk. There's no other explanation for why a vehicle, usually with under 40,000 miles, would have so many complaints

8.0

$860

2. replace oil cooler (1 reports)
2014 Jeep Cherokee engine problems

2014 Jeep Cherokee Owner Comments

Feb 012019

Cherokee Trailhawk V6

I've had many issues with this vehicle. Many inconvenient recalls, ongoing transmission slippage pending a class action lawsuit, warping discs and now the expensive oil cooler.

- Anthony C., North Babylon, US

Dec 192018

Cherokee TrailHawk 3.2L V6

Gaskets failed around the oil filter assembly causing an oil leak. Cost of repair was in excess of $800.00 with little of that being the cost of the parts.

- Tim R., Claymont, DE, US

Jan 082018

Cherokee LS 3.2L V6

It is quite pathetic that Jeep is aware of this common error made by the company and they aren't recalling the parts or covering the repairs. We should have known that this car would be a piece of crap because it is a Chrysler. Because of this dumb leak, my vehicle will not pass inspection and I am now in a car that is not safe for my family to drive around in.

When we contacted the local Chrysler dealer, they informed us that they are AWARE of this common leak and that there has been a new O-ring replacement kit made simply because of the high rate of replacement!

IF YOU KNOW there is a problem and it was a manufacturer error, FIX IT!!!!

- Christine S., Erie, PA, US