- April 13: Jeep Wrangler and Ram 1500 Steering Wheels May Fall Off recalls | 9 days ago
- April 10: Chrysler Catalytic Converter Recall Causes Lawsuit news | 12 days ago
- March 13: FCA Emissions Recall Includes 863,000 Vehicles recalls | 40 days ago
- March 7: Jeep Cherokee Recall To Replace Instrument Clusters recalls | 46 days ago
- January 29: Chrysler Uconnect Hacking Lawsuit Headed For Trial news | 83 days ago
2006 Jeep Commander
Cooling System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.
It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.
Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.
2006 Jeep Commander Cooling System Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Commander Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Commander compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Commander overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Commander.