- March 17: Remington Walden Lawsuit Award of $40 Million Upheld news | 33 days ago
- March 12: Jeep Wrangler HVAC Problems Rampant, Says Lawsuit news | 38 days ago
- March 6: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Renegades For Stalling Risk recalls | 44 days ago
- March 2: Chrysler TPMS Valve Stem Lawsuit Continues in Delaware news | 48 days ago
- March 2: Chrysler 9-Speed ZF 9HP Transmission Lawsuit Nearly Settled news | 48 days ago
NHTSA — Electrical System Problems
2006 Jeep Commander (Page 19 of 32)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.
It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.
Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 20 / 5
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 8 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 54,824 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.