- September 11: Dutch Prosecutors Investigating Jeep and Suzuki Emissions news | 9 days ago
- August 9: Jeep Renegades Recalled Due to Overactive Warning Lights recalls | 42 days ago
- July 30: You Can Soon Legally Buy a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee and Ram 1500 news | 52 days ago
- July 21: Jeep Compass Recalled to Keep Batteries From Exploding recalls | 61 days ago
- July 15: Chrysler Recalls 442,000 Cars and SUVs Over Alternator Failures recalls | 67 days ago
NHTSA — Fuel System, Other Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Whenever a new product is introduced, there's bound to be some problems. And man oh man, does the 2006 Commander have some problems.
It's the plight of the 1st-generation adopter: you get the newest and shiniest in exchange for a handful of issues that get ironed out in future versions. But what happens when that handful of issues becomes a bucketload? The 2006 Commander has quality control issues like the door handles breaking off and the sunroof leaking. But what's truly worrisome is the electrical problems like the vehicle shutting down unexpectedly, gauges going crazy or the cruise control having a mind of its own.
Bottom line: if you want a Jeep Commander, you're better off looking at a later model year.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 2,555 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
fuel system problem