- March 17: Remington Walden Lawsuit Award of $40 Million Upheld news | 2 days ago
- March 12: Jeep Wrangler HVAC Problems Rampant, Says Lawsuit news | 7 days ago
- March 6: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Renegades For Stalling Risk recalls | 13 days ago
- March 2: Chrysler TPMS Valve Stem Lawsuit Continues in Delaware news | 17 days ago
- March 2: Chrysler 9-Speed ZF 9HP Transmission Lawsuit Nearly Settled news | 17 days ago
NHTSA — Service Brakes Problems
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Page 2 of 14)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The fourth generation Grand Cherokee took the relatively trouble-free run of the 3rd-generation and flipped the script.
From 2010 to 2011, complaints about the vehicle not starting increased 10-fold. In fact, the 2011 model year is riddled with engine problems and a defective TIPM might be to blame. The TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) distributes power to all the eletrical components in the vehicle, so when it starts acting funny so do numerous other components in the car. Orders for new TIPMs were so abundant that parts became scarce, prompting a class-action lawsuit claiming Chrysler ignored this obvious defect.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 5 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 2 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 27,980 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.