- February 14: Jeep Wranglers and Dodge Grand Caravans May Roll Away recalls | 6 days ago
- February 5: FCA Fights Ram and Jeep Emissions 'Defeat Device' Lawsuit news | 15 days ago
- February 4: Ram and Jeep Diesel Emissions Recall Forthcoming news | 16 days ago
- January 26: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawks For Fuel Lines recalls | 25 days ago
- January 19: Chrysler Recalls 317,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 32 days ago
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Grand Cherokee hasn’t seen the same complaint volume as the 2011, at least not yet.
It’s worth noting both model years are part of a class-action lawsuit that focuses on a defective TIPM and a long wait for replacement parts.
The 2012 also received national attention after it failed a Sweedish Magazine’s “moose test”. the test measures a vehicle’s ability to swerve out of the way of an obstacle you wouldn’t want to hit while driving down the road … like a moose.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 53,452 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 32 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace TIPM (19 reports)
- not sure (10 reports)
- replace external fuel pump relay overlay (2 reports)
- rebuild TIPM (1 reports)