- October 16: Jeep Wrangler Recall: Track Bar Brackets Separate From Frames recalls | 5 days ago
- October 1: EcoDiesel Emissions Lawsuit Says Chrysler Vehicles Are Illegal news | 20 days ago
- September 29: Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty Lawsuit Filed news | 22 days ago
- September 16: Jeep Cherokee 9-Speed Transmission Issues Cause Lawsuit news | 35 days ago
- August 30: ROXOR vs. Jeep? Mahindra Says Comparisons Shouldn't Be Made news | 52 days ago
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Grand Cherokee hasn't seen the same complaint volume as the 2011, at least not yet.
It's worth noting both model years are part of a class-action lawsuit that focuses on a defective TIPM and a long wait for replacement parts.
The 2012 also received national attention after it failed a Swedish Magazine's "moose test". The test measures a vehicle's ability to swerve out of the way of an obstacle you wouldn't want to hit while driving down the road ... like a moose.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 57,100 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 34 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace TIPM (20 reports)
- not sure (11 reports)
- replace external fuel pump relay overlay (2 reports)
- rebuild TIPM (1 reports)