- March 17: Remington Walden Lawsuit Award of $40 Million Upheld news | 2 days ago
- March 12: Jeep Wrangler HVAC Problems Rampant, Says Lawsuit news | 7 days ago
- March 6: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Renegades For Stalling Risk recalls | 13 days ago
- March 2: Chrysler TPMS Valve Stem Lawsuit Continues in Delaware news | 17 days ago
- March 2: Chrysler 9-Speed ZF 9HP Transmission Lawsuit Nearly Settled news | 17 days ago
NHTSA — Electrical System: Ignition: Switch Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Grand Cherokee hasn’t seen the same complaint volume as the 2011, at least not yet.
It’s worth noting both model years are part of a class-action lawsuit that focuses on a defective TIPM and a long wait for replacement parts.
The 2012 also received national attention after it failed a Sweedish Magazine’s “moose test”. the test measures a vehicle’s ability to swerve out of the way of an obstacle you wouldn’t want to hit while driving down the road … like a moose.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 36,700 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.